Manufacturers missed a trick! Well, be nice to have this . .

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Manufacturers missed a trick! Well, be nice to have this . .

Post by iceman »

Not sure how to describe the topic, but on the cold ride in, thought one trick manufacturers have missed is a feed of hot air from the engine / exhaust area to the handle bar area to keep the fingers warm in colder weather (with a bypass / stop before the air heats up). Not sure how practical it would be, and added cost, but on more expensive bikes - well, a nice little extra to have.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Manufacturers missed a trick! Well, be nice to have this

Post by PCX150Rider »

I thought about the possibilities. Oil in frame has been done. . .but to move hot oil into the handlebars would require special hoses and special rooting and passages within the handlebars. . .not to mention valving or dedicated pump. If they go this far then they may as well think about a heated seat pan as well.

Hot air. Not likely. Although I've heard of people cooking meat in foil on an engine block while driving a cage.

Coolant. . .maybe rooted like the oil concept. . .again, it gets complicated.

Good gloves or the traditional electronic heated grips and windscreens or handle bar covers will continue to reign I think for now. :geek:
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Manufacturers missed a trick! Well, be nice to have this

Post by lillypinkjenny »

Pretty sure that some Piaggio maxi scooters (X9? X8? Aprilia? Gilera Nexus?) had flaps that allowed hot air to escape into the footwell.