2013 Honda PCX125 <9,300km totaled itself

The tragic place where threads go to die...

Moderator: Modsquad

bekeeram
Year: 2013
Color: Metallic Red

Post by bekeeram »

As the title states, I own a 2013 Honda PCX 125 (I am located in Israel). The scooter has ~9,300km on it and has been serviced only at the Honda dealer.

I was riding back from a town which is ~18km away. About halfway through my trip I heard a weird noise from the engine, then the engine light came on and the throttle stopped working. I coasted over to the shoulder and waited for a tow truck. In the meantime, I noticed oil coming out of the bottom of the scooter. After I had it towed to the dealer, they informed me that the piston hit the engine block and essentially the scooter totaled itself. The cost of a new engine is ~$2700USD which is about the price of a new one here.

We have tried to find numerous motors from crashed PCXs, but they all do not fit for some reason.

Then...they offered me a 2012 PCX with 25,000km, and wanted me to pay out of pocket as well (~$500USD). I politely refused the offer, stating that my scooter inherently had a defect in their workmanship...it was defective when it came off of the line in Thailand. My scooter barely lasted me just over 9,000km, how do they expect me to think the new scooter will last anywhere as long?

I also emailed HondaUK. I know Israel is not their jurisdiction but sometimes Israel is considered part of Europe. Apparently, Honda Israel said they were in correspondence with HondaUK, but, when I asked HondaUK if they had spoken with them, they denied it. I approached Honda Israel about this and they said "oh we have the emails to prove it." So I politely asked them to forward them to me (which of course they didn't). They're tarnishing the name of Honda with their poor customer service and by not standing behind the quality of their scooters.
I am trying to reach out to other Honda branches to have them pressure Honda Israel into fixing the situation.

What advice do you guys have on what I can do?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Thread moved here from Honda PCX >>Technical because it is duplicated in Honda PCX >> General
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(