What is your cage?

When weather goes to crap, you still have to get there somehow...

Moderator: Modsquad

former50cc
Regular User
Regular User

Re: What is your cage?

Post by former50cc »

I've got a big, Chevrolet diesel pickup truck to haul trailers or carry tools.
I could easily handle a Versahaul with my PCX if I wanted to.
Attachments
My-truck.jpg
My-truck.jpg (220.23 KiB) Viewed 2414 times
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote:God bless google
Cheeky cunt.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
you you wrote:God bless google
Cheeky cunt.
That would be nice :D
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I got a new car last week! We sold the truck I used to have, and sold the Silverwing. We took that money and just about broke even buying a used Honda Fit, I found a great deal locally for a 5 speed one.

We went down to Statesboro, GA (4 hour drive from my house) for my brother's graduation this weekend. It got 43mpg, which is incredible given I would have gotten roughly 45mpg on the same trip with my old Silverwing.

I'll get a pic next time I wash it -- it's covered in bugs and gravel dust right now. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:I got a new car last week! We sold the truck I used to have, and sold the Silverwing. We took that money and just about broke even buying a used Honda Fit, I found a great deal locally for a 5 speed one.

We went down to Statesboro, GA (4 hour drive from my house) for my brother's graduation this weekend. It got 43mpg, which is incredible given I would have gotten roughly 45mpg on the same trip with my old Silverwing.

I'll get a pic next time I wash it -- it's covered in bugs and gravel dust right now. :lol:
Yes get a picture up

I bought a new “play car“ too. 51k immaculate leather interior special equipment model. Cheaper than the PCX

SeaHawk

Post by SeaHawk »

2011 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi.
Great ride and fast :P
BattlebornScooterist

Post by BattlebornScooterist »

Well, We just sold my wife's first car, a Nissan Sentra from 96, (for scooter money!) and so we are down to one.

We have a 1998 Accura Integra stock that has been a great car, but the story behind it is not a happy one.

However, even though it's too small for me and I am not a big fan of the color, it has been flawless in operation so I really cannot fault it at all.

If I was shooting for what I'd like my cage to be, I'd be driving a Blue Toyota FJ cruiser due to it reminding me so much of International Scout II's which I cut my teeth on as a youth.
Curators do it Historically!
tuanies
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tuanies »

P1050624_HDR-Edit by tuanies, on Flickr
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I'm not going to put any pictures of my cages on here because they aren't much more than vehicles, but I love them because of their dependability. We have 2 Hyundai's . Mine is a 2003 Santa Fe and my wife's is a 2008 Sonata. Neither has ever had any problems. I take that back. Mine now has 79K miles but won't be 10 years old until the 13th of this month. The valve cover gaskets started to leak so I took it to the dealer. They said it was still under the 10 year, 100K mile warranty and they fixed it for free. You can't beat that. Both vehicles are the Limited edition.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I had a Hyundai turbodiesel.
An oil line rusted through, dropped the oil and fried the turbocharger.
Repair cost was roughly the same as the car was worth.
Dealer said it was common for oil and hydraulic lines to rust through on Hyundais.
After that experience I wouldn't touch one with an extra super long barge pole.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

We only have gas Hyundais here in the USA, no diesels. They're solid cars. Great for the money too.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

maddiedog wrote:They're solid cars.
Sadly this just isn't the case in the UK.
Compared to the UK market norm the materials used in Kia/Hyundai are of inferior quality.
If it wasn't for the long warranties they wouldn't sell.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

tuanies nice luxury wheels! I have a hard time seeing "yours" as cages. Too sexy! 8) One is an Audi? The other.....not sure. I may be wrong on both counts. I'll find out soon enough :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The silver one is a Jaguar.
Never understood why the new Audis were so fecking ugly till I realised they were styled to suit american tastes.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:The silver one is a Jaguar.
Never understood why the new Audis were so fecking ugly till I realised they were styled to suit american tastes.

So is the jaguar. Unfortunatly
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I'm not entirely keen on the newer Jags but they're growing on me.
Audis just look horrible.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ah thanks gn2 ;) A Jag I would take if given and buy if I won a pot of gold (along with many other toys) :D Truism, I've been seeing more and more Audi's on the road here in the U.S. Personally I think they need a wee bit more body styling. Still, they do turn my headround.
(hmmm...This second I am remembering my sis had a 4 door Audi back in the 70's, four door, it was in the shop all the time. Always something wrong with it. She got rid of it quick).
Say, didn't Audi disappear for awhile? :? Oh, me foggy brains
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Audis are probably my favourite car
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

A Miata Convertible, and two Jeep Cherokees..... ;)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

2009 Honda Fit Sport- a surprisingly fun handling car, with great mpg, massive room and all Honda quality.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red