What is your cage?

When weather goes to crap, you still have to get there somehow...

Moderator: Modsquad

ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Re: What is your cage?

Post by ese12105 »

Looks like Sedona to me. It's beautiful up there! Been going there almost yearly my whole life. Amazing place.
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

I went to school in Prescott AZ at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. it was a 15 min flight from prescott airport to sedona airport, and the restaurant had great seafood and views of the rocks. I woudl fly between the rocks on the way in and out if it was a calm day... some of the best views I've seen
ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ese12105 »

Embry Riddle is an awesome school. Went there for a sort of junior rotc thing and it was a blast.
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Ah cool! I got my BA in Aeronautics with a minor in aviation business administration. Working on getting my CFI for now
spongebobnopants

Post by spongebobnopants »

EddieC wrote:hey spongebobnopants! Good to see you again. Does this happen to be sedona AZ?? (first pic)
Yep. Just got back on from a cross country expedition. This trail was called "Soldiers Pass" IIRC. We took it easy since we were wheeling solo.
spongebobnopants

maddiedog wrote:Dude... Awesome truck... That first pic is amazing. How much does an FJ outfitted like yours cost? I'd imagine it's quite costly...
Thanks Maddiedog... Missed all you guys BTW. Glad to see this forum!!!

The FJ started out as a Special Edition Trail Teams and I have been modding it pretty aggressively. I managed to keep it 100% stock for about year and caught the mod bug.
In stock format these rigs are very capable IMO. The major mods are 3" lift 33" Goodyear MTR's and complete undercarriage body armor. I'm almost afraid to add up the costs of ALL the upgrades...

Since mines a daily driver, I didn't want to go overboard, but I wheel with some extreme H3's and keep up pretty well. Last time we were out I had to recover 3 of them.
Here are a few more picts:
ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ese12105 »

Very sweet ride. That'd be a blast to do some off roading in!
spongebobnopants

This was when I was into the fast cars:
I'm sure it wasn't anywhere near as nimble as allycat's s2000, but with the stage two down pipe exhaust and custom 21psi boosted SW, it rocked... summer or winter.

Here is my old VW GLI mid intercooler upgrade:
This one was a pretty quick grocery getter too.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Samsung Q1... I used to use one for work, it was a nifty little system.

A friend of mine has a turbo'd Subaru WRX STI, it was a rocket. Lotsa fun to drive.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ese12105 »

I love those STI's!!! They're amazing!
Fiah
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Fiah »

spongebob, your HDR is showing :P
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

now who wouldnt want a guy like spongebob on their forum?? Pretty cool stuff!!
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

I've decided I've had enough of cars until next Winter so I'm selling my cage:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170791649254? ... 176wt_1021

A good car but as i've said somewhere on here, it's crap in the snow. Might use the funds to get my full bike test done.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Wow, I'm surprised it didn't go for a lot more. It looks like a really nice car.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

98 BMW 528...?
Lucky to get anything for it these days with petrol at £1.38 a LITRE :o
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

Petrol's nearer £1.40 at some places near here. The cheapest place is Asda (owned by Walmart) locally, but minimum delivery is 5 litres which can be a problem for the pcx if you're not down to the last block on the fuel indicator.

The car has been taken to Glasgow by it's new owner now. These cars can go for up to £1500 at this age, I think my location was a factor in not getting a higher price, the nearest city from me is Newcastle at about 65 miles and Glasgow at about 100 miles. I hoped for more than £916 though. Canceled the insurance today and they charged £35 admin fee :x
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

If it's any consolation, a couple of weeks ago in Aberdeen (prosperous place loadsa oil money) I got £1000 for my 02 Jaguar X-type 2.5.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

I've got a '73 Jensen Interceptor 7.2l in the garage. They average about 12-13mpg - it is impossible to use these cars with petrol prices like they are, even just for the odd weekend drive in the country. I'm going to have sell it as well. I'm sticking with the scooter as my everyday transport for now. If I need a car it's easy enough to rent one.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Mmm Jensen Interceptor, now there's a car and a half.
Me like very much.
What about an LPG conversion?
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

I've seen a few done to cars and I don't like the look of them much - holes cut in the body and stuff. The trouble with the Jensen and any other similar cars, is that they were built for millionaires (the Interceptor was more expensive than an Aston Martin when it was knew apparently), the cost of fuel, servicing etc wasn't really a consideration for the people who bought these cars new. Unfortunately I'm not rich so I can't really drive it the way I would like. It's also completely impractical - the exhaust hits the smallest of bumps in the road, the turning circle is similar to that of the supertanker that brought its petrol from the Gulf, and they're terrible for overheating. It's beautiful though. It was a demonstrator for Jenscot in Edinburgh or Glasgow, so it would have had some interesting people driving it.

Having said all that about petrol costs, it was the 1973 fuel crises that hastened Jensen's demise - I remember lines of cars at petrol stations for petrol at 50p a gallon.

Mmmmm: