What is your cage?

When weather goes to crap, you still have to get there somehow...

Moderator: Modsquad

ItsaHonda
Regular User
Regular User

Re: What is your cage?

Post by ItsaHonda »

There is a Honda 600 in the showroom of the local Honda dealership here in Orlando... a yellow one. The owner also has a 1979 Honda Prelude, both of which are in like-new condition with less than 1,000 miles on the odometers. They are not for sale. If I can find the pictures of them I had stored somewhere on my computer, I'll post them up.

I would love a 1st gen Honda S-coupe, but those were never sold here in the States. Not too many people know about that predecessor to the S2000.
Alex
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650
2011 Honda PCX 125
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

You can keep your little baby Honda cars, an NSX for me please.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ItsaHonda
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ItsaHonda »

I wanted to trade him my Civic for the Prelude, and although he did want my Civic, he wasn't parting ways with that Prelude.
Alex
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650
2011 Honda PCX 125
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

gn2 wrote:Over here if you have a full PCV licence it counts for any size of bus.
So if you did a PCV test in a 30 seater you could then jump straight in a 150 seater bendybus.
PCV? We call it CDL.
Driver licenses are issued by states, so rules vary according to where you live. There is also a standard of reciprocity so each state honors the licenses issued by other states.

Here in the state of Missouri we have 5 levels of licenses with a handful of restrictions and endorsements. We have only one M (motorcycle) endorsement, so the license I got on the PCX allows me to ride anything with two wheels.

Class A is for an 18 wheeler tractor trailer
Class B is for large trucks over GVWR (I think) 26,000 lbs. – dump truck or bendybus
Class C is for large trucks under GVWR 26K lbs. – the bus I drive.
Class E chauffer’s license for commercial driver of small vehicles
Class F standard non-commercial driver license.

License restrictions are for glasses, daytime only, etc. I’m restricted from using air brakes since I’ve never been tested. I have passenger endorsement so I can carry >15 people. There are also endorsements for things like hazardous material, school bus, etc.
jasontheparamedic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jasontheparamedic »

Pretty much the same thing in Florida. We used to have an emergency vehicle endoresment and small truck class (class D) but those have since been absorbed into the standard E class.
jasontheparamedic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jasontheparamedic »

I have another cage to add to the family. It is a 98 Kia Sportage. The engine and transmission still run quite well. Everything else in it is a piece o' crap well-deserving of the reputation Kia had back in 98 when they were still barely on the US market. Oh well...I needed a cheap vehicle SUV based with decent space. At least it runs...
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

2005 Legacy GT.

2010 Mustang GT.
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
ItsaHonda
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ItsaHonda »

Jason, The first Kias actually had very good engines in them, they started out with Mazda engines and then Kia designed it's own engine in house (the 1.8L that was used in the 98+ Sephia and perhaps a version of this engine is in the Sportage as well) and they are darn near indestructible. After that, Hyundai bought Kia and continued to use Kia's engines for a few more years until finally rebadging all Hyundais as Kia vehicles (post 2004 or so).
Alex
2011 Suzuki Burgman 650
2011 Honda PCX 125
jlhog
Regular User
Regular User

Post by jlhog »

2013 Honda PCX 150
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

I have a 2011 Denali HD Allymax

Cap, bedrug, heated wheel, cooled seats, built in GPS with Navtec traffic alerts, the ass... 20 mpg's if driven right and enough power to tow a house.

Even towing my 13500# 5'er I still get 12 mpg's and still does mid 12's in the 1/4 mile stock. Pretty funny when these kids pull up with their tuners and you blow them away with a 3+ ton truck towing a boat. :lol:

Hey, Jhog, you're not on Michigan-sportsman by any chance?
tuanies
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tuanies »

Had a Miata for a bit but now I drive an E39 528i touring in between press cars. Wife has the 2011 VW Routan.

Untitled by tuanies, on Flickr

This gets dropped off tomorrow

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Would love to own a Miata convertible. With black or dark green exterior, saddle interior.
How did you like it? Pro's Con's?
Nice vehicles & Good luck with your new delivery! Jeep is now a nicer ride than in the past (imo).
I had a Cherokee Chief back in the day (1984?) an OK ride. 4 cylinder o_O what a mistake! Live and learn. Red paint faded badly from sun in 4 years time. Sold it! I did have fun in snowy parking lots, slip- sliding-around. I was crazy, & my friends wanted o u t. Not till the ride ended :lol:
I was never the assigned driver again ;) Quite a plan and I lived to tell
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
tuanies
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tuanies »

WhiteNoise wrote:Would love to own a Miata convertible. With black or dark green exterior, saddle interior.
How did you like it? Pro's Con's?
Nice vehicles & Good luck with your new delivery! Jeep is now a nicer ride than in the past (imo).
I had a Cherokee Chief back in the day (1984?) an OK ride. 4 cylinder o_O what a mistake! Live and learn. Red paint faded badly from sun in 4 years time. Sold it! I did have fun in snowy parking lots, slip- sliding-around. I was crazy, & my friends wanted o u t. Not till the ride ended :lol:
I was never the assigned driver again ;) Quite a plan and I lived to tell
I loved the Miata. Was a first year stripped down model, didnt even have power steering. Was very light, nimble, responsive and predictable. Would love to buy another one one day. The Jeep is just a week long loaner press car. It has to go back next week, but I do have n Audi A8L, Jaguar XJL, Chevy Sonic RS and Land Rover LR4 booked for next month back to back though :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

There will be he'll to pay once GN2 twigs what a miata is
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey! gn2 may surprise. No matter, I still will desire the Miata. It's got the Look "I" Like. 8) How about you, ...... You you? "You" like?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
tuanies
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tuanies »

I got a lot of shit for it being a girls car but the Miata Club was great and all the real driving enthusiasts know what I'm talking about. Its cutesy but man it was a blast with the top down on a windy road.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hey! gn2 may surprise. No matter, I still will desire the Miata. It's got the Look "I" Like. 8) How about you, ...... You you? "You" like?

There one of the best cars ever. Bit too cramped for someone my size. A friend has a two year old hard top in blue and I'm envious
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote:There will be he'll to pay once GN2 twigs what a miata is
Oh, he's known for some time, in excess of 20 years now.
Probably the best small sports car ever made in Japan.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Cost less than my PCX125
Attachments
548708_10200198448780922_1550522087_n.jpg
548708_10200198448780922_1550522087_n.jpg (164.1 KiB) Viewed 3504 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:
you you wrote:There will be he'll to pay once GN2 twigs what a miata is
Oh, he's known for some time, in excess of 20 years now.
Probably the best small sports car ever made in Japan.

God bless google