The Honda PCX / Honda Forza Forums

Your predominant source of information for the Honda PCX 125, Honda PCX ESP, Honda PCX 150, and Forza 300. Now featuring a Forza 125 subforum!
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:56 am 
Offline
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:15 pm
Posts: 6247
Location: L o n g Island NY
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*
8) That's the Nissan Cube! :D Year? S or SL trim?
I remember when I first saw one on the road o_O "What was that" (Exclamation point)
I never saw one up close but was always curious about them. Who knows, with it's odd appearance it may end up being a collectible :P

Are you happy with it (still?) let's here the pros and cons (please?)

_________________
<<< LOCATION! Year & Color Please enter Yours today!
To enter your location and other: Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of this page). Upon arrival, click Profile in left column. See the questions? Please Complete. Tis Simple. We Thank You Much (o;

"Miles From Nowhere, I Guess I'll Take My Time...Ohh yeah" Cat Stevens


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:17 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 pm
Posts: 120
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Year: 2011
Color: 125 to HD200
2009 Cube the base model. Its got everything I need cruise, Power windows and locks, AC.


Pros- nothing today is like it, feels sooooo spacious, tall people car, very easy to get in out of, soft ride, easy to park, very wide front seats, armrest.

Cons- 25mpg overall, not sporty handling but who buys a cube for sporty handling? no full size spare

I just put a full size spare in the back, other than the MPG, its freaky awesome. I would choose a light interior the dark grey inside is kind of dreary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:36 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm
Posts: 1126
Location: rural Ohio
Best car I've ever had was a 2006 Scion xB.
35 mpg everywhere.
Nothing had more headroom than these 1st generation xBs.
Plenty of glass.
Big rear seating area.
Underside stayed cleaner and more rust free than any car I've been under. ABS & traction control standard on all of them. Inexpensive to buy and own.
Consumer mags rated it a best used buy for yrs.
Drunk crushed it while parked last year.
Toyota totally lost the plot with the 2nd gen. models...but still a good purchase.
Fish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:34 am 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:29 pm
Posts: 120
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Year: 2011
Color: 125 to HD200
fish wrote:
Best car I've ever had was a 2006 Scion xB.
35 mpg everywhere.
Nothing had more headroom than these 1st generation xBs.
Plenty of glass.
Big rear seating area.
Underside stayed cleaner and more rust free than any car I've been under. ABS & traction control standard on all of them. Inexpensive to buy and own.
Consumer mags rated it a best used buy for yrs.
Drunk crushed it while parked last year.
Toyota totally lost the plot with the 2nd gen. models...but still a good purchase.
Fish



Sadly those cheap boxy cars are gone now probably forever due to car maker wanting aerodynamic designs which are are comfortable to me since the windshield is plastered on your face.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:01 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm
Posts: 1126
Location: rural Ohio
87112 wrote:
fish wrote:
Best car I've ever had was a 2006 Scion xB.
35 mpg everywhere.
Nothing had more headroom than these 1st generation xBs.
Plenty of glass.
Big rear seating area.
Underside stayed cleaner and more rust free than any car I've been under. ABS & traction control standard on all of them. Inexpensive to buy and own.
Consumer mags rated it a best used buy for yrs.
Drunk crushed it while parked last year.
Toyota totally lost the plot with the 2nd gen. models...but still a good purchase.
Fish



Sadly those cheap boxy cars are gone now probably forever due to car maker wanting aerodynamic designs which are are comfortable to me since the windshield is plastered on your face.


Probably gone from N. America....but wager they remain hugely popular in Asia!
Fish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:20 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:23 pm
Posts: 716
Location: Long Island , NY, Tampa, Ft laud
Year: 2013
Color: blk
My for fun rides..Avalanche and G6 for camping and wife


Attachments:
pcx corvette.jpg
pcx corvette.jpg [ 1.1 MiB | Viewed 843 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:12 am 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 7442
Location: The centre of the universe
easyrider wrote:
My for fun rides..Avalanche and G6 for camping and wife



Oh, I'd have the corvette

_________________
I'm actually a nice guy and can behave :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:37 pm
Posts: 174
Location: Kitchener, ON Canada
Year: 2013
Color: Black
Here is my cage. Automajic and averages 35 US MPG in town and a consistent 43 on long road trips into the states. Not a hybrid... But a 2007 mid model LX with air, cruise control, power locks and windows.


Attachments:
phpCtqOvPPM.jpg
phpCtqOvPPM.jpg [ 69.07 KiB | Viewed 641 times ]

_________________
Image
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield
Honda top box
NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers
LED headlamps & taillight with Backoff indicator
Kawell rectangular lights-fork mounted
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped)
Lots of reflective tape and other accessories


Previously owned:
1969 Honda K50 mini trail (first bike, still runs great and in the family)
1975 Honda CB125
1978 Yamaha DT400 (bored 2 stroke insanity)
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:49 am 
Online
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:13 pm
Posts: 3595
Location: Marietta, Ga USA
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX
Well, I finally replaced my poor little Hyundai Santa Fe that was totaled in 2015. I found a nice used Volvo V70 T5 wagon (5 cylinder turbo). It has 134,000 on it but drives and runs great. I have had two other Volvos in my driving lifetime and both lasted into the 250,000 mile range on the engines. My wife had an 850 turbo wagon very similar to this V70, and she really enjoyed it. We traded it in at 283,000 miles just because we wanted a new car. I have a friend who has over 600,000 miles on his.
I don't know why American manufacturers can't make a car that lasts like the European and Asian manufacturers do.(The exception being the BMW). I won't buy an American car. They look good, but every one of the ones I bought in the past turned into junk within 30,000 miles. If it wasn't the engine, it was the rest of the car. Some of the American built vehicles I leased were not worth the money I paid just to lease them. (Imagine a car that is in the shop every week, and you will know what I mean).

_________________
Currently own:
Two Red 2013 Honda PCX150s

Givi tall windshield and tailbox on both
Lots and lots of extra lights
Custom seats from Thailand
Bad boy Airhorn on each
Takegawa Lowering Shocks on both


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:14 pm 
Offline
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:37 pm
Posts: 174
Location: Kitchener, ON Canada
Year: 2013
Color: Black
I hear you Mel. I'm not sure of the percentage on this Ohio built Civic, but my 1996 was 93% made in the USA (the highest of any car sold in the USA that year). I bought that 1996 new and just sold it 2 years ago. Not even an alternator change by the time I sold it. Same goes for the other 3 Honda cars I've owned with a combined mileage of over 1.4 million miles. Sadly one was lost due to being hit and totaled by a drunk driver at only 142,000 miles(but it did is job as I'm still around). I still miss that Integra.

With 3 of my siblings we have had a combined total of mileage in Honda cars ranging in the 5 million area with extremely few repairs beyond maintenance. Another sibling sticks with domestic name plates and even doing most all repairs himself he can't afford to keep any past around 100,000 miles. So he changes cars seemingly all the time in comparison.

_________________
Image
2013 Black PCX 150
Mods/accessories:
Honda tall windshield
Honda top box
NCY variator and face with 13gram rollers
LED headlamps & taillight with Backoff indicator
Kawell rectangular lights-fork mounted
Cheeky Seats seat cover (de-humped)
Lots of reflective tape and other accessories


Previously owned:
1969 Honda K50 mini trail (first bike, still runs great and in the family)
1975 Honda CB125
1978 Yamaha DT400 (bored 2 stroke insanity)
1986 Kawasaki Ninja 250r


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:50 pm 
Offline
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 2461
Location: Bangkok, Thailand & Niagara Falls, USA
Year: 2010 PCX125
Color: White is faster
Mel46 wrote:
Well, I finally replaced my poor little Hyundai Santa Fe that was totaled in 2015. I found a nice used Volvo V70 T5 wagon (5 cylinder turbo). It has 134,000 on it but drives and runs great. I have had two other Volvos in my driving lifetime and both lasted into the 250,000 mile range on the engines. My wife had an 850 turbo wagon very similar to this V70, and she really enjoyed it. We traded it in at 283,000 miles just because we wanted a new car. I have a friend who has over 600,000 miles on his.
I don't know why American manufacturers can't make a car that lasts like the European and Asian manufacturers do.(The exception being the BMW). I won't buy an American car. They look good, but every one of the ones I bought in the past turned into junk within 30,000 miles. If it wasn't the engine, it was the rest of the car. Some of the American built vehicles I leased were not worth the money I paid just to lease them. (Imagine a car that is in the shop every week, and you will know what I mean).


If there is no picture, it didn't happen. ;)

_________________

2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning"
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:24 pm
Posts: 305
Location: BC Canada
Year: 2013
Color: red white
You got to love trucks. My bread and butter 2005 Kenworth


Attachments:
2005 kenworth.JPG
2005 kenworth.JPG [ 344.97 KiB | Viewed 598 times ]

_________________
slip sliding away
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:57 am 
Offline
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:49 am
Posts: 2461
Location: Bangkok, Thailand & Niagara Falls, USA
Year: 2010 PCX125
Color: White is faster
That picture says BC all over it. :)

_________________

2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning"
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:07 am 
Online
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:13 pm
Posts: 3595
Location: Marietta, Ga USA
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX
You need a picture to know that it exists?? OK, here are pictures. It is sleeping in our carport. Don't mind the dirt on it. It is actually pollen and bird 'stuff'.
Attachment:
My V70 - front view.jpg
My V70 - front view.jpg [ 130.23 KiB | Viewed 574 times ]
Attachment:
My V70 - back view.jpg
My V70 - back view.jpg [ 134.99 KiB | Viewed 574 times ]

_________________
Currently own:
Two Red 2013 Honda PCX150s

Givi tall windshield and tailbox on both
Lots and lots of extra lights
Custom seats from Thailand
Bad boy Airhorn on each
Takegawa Lowering Shocks on both


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What is your cage?
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:38 pm 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 7442
Location: The centre of the universe
relic wrote:
You got to love trucks. My bread and butter 2005 Kenworth



Want

_________________
I'm actually a nice guy and can behave :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Like what you see here? Buy the admin a beer! Donate at the link below:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!