Of things to come

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Of things to come

Post by easyrider »

Complete with new jet engine sound or optional vroom .. God that seat looks uncomfortable and my jewels .. yikes ...
Get on board because its all going that way.. 2019 !

https://www.maxim.com/rides/harley-davi ... ear-2018-2
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Of things to come

Post by PCX150Rider »

Interesting. . .I'm not sure if I like it or not. :?

God save the squirrels and possums who may not know what the hell is going on and not get out of the way quick enough. :o
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

ezr, would you mind if I Add that link under my thread, "It's Electric?"
I'm a neat nik and would like to bring and keep news of electric bikes together.
"please don't let me be misunderstood...."
I have no problem with it posted here. Just want to add that link under Electrics :D

Ha! it seems like ages ago that Harley started talking about marketing an Electric Hog. Well, well, well here we have it. 18 months, we'll see. Am I excited? Nah. Looks heavy. What will it weight in at?
And that seat, You can... see the seat right? Imagine butt in on a Long ride. Uh, no!

And Not that it matter's to everyone but the rumble is part of its likeability to me. Living in Florida (hey ezr), we come to know and accept it. They ride in packs - they really rumble. So tell me, will Harley followers appreciate the silence in comparison?

Me, I'm Still liking the Zero (and maybe a few others).
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Do they sell baseball cards to flap against the spokes for that 'real MC sound' ?
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Yes,you can move it anywhere.I too not liking it,but they say that there will be a rumble,but it will be through a sound recording blasted through speakers.I also read it will be available in 2019 .That seat is amazingly horrible,and I don't like my feet back.I like my legs forward,so the day of the hog may be tetering,which won't bother me.I like the jet noise better too.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

2019 may be too late for HD, if they continue to death spiral like the 2017 sale results.

https://jalopnik.com/harley-davidson-is ... 1822557878
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Sheeezzz!!! 82% !!!!!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Harley has tried to live on "the image" for a long time.

I don't think they had a good idea bringing the new 500 and 750 offerings to market engineered as they were. There have been many pros and cons presented on the media about them. Judging by the sales it looks like the cons are winning. OOhhh nnnoooo . . . it really is painful to read/watch.

I'd like to see them stay in business but I think they have to work smarter. Introduce machines that are affordable and well engineered for performance and comfort and come well equipped in stock presentation.

That being said the roads today are not the roads of the '70s. More competition for space. More distracted drivers. More drivers under the influence. More aging drivers who really need to give it up but won't for fear of becoming "shut-ins". Roads in disrepair. Arrogant drivers who care not to signal and cruise well above the posted speed limits with total disregard for others safety. And the list goes on. Oh. . .wild life habitat infringement thus causing more animals to pop into the road in places where you never saw them before.

I digress. All the motorcycle and scooter manufacturers have a tough road ahead of them in this country IMHO to keep the sales momentum going when people are beginning to question their personal safety and feel less secure traveling exposed on two wheels. Call me crazy but seeing vehicles over the yellow line is becoming a normal thing for me now. I am amazed at how many faces I see looking down as they are driving along fidgeting with a device or dash display. Damn. . .. :roll:

o_O
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

I think it’s even simpler than that. I was in the motorcycle industry for 15 years and the simple problem is there just aren’t that many people that are into riding these days. Growing up in the 60’s and 70’s, everybody I knew at one time or another had a bike either road or trail. Now you can’t get anybody below the age of 50 in the general population to look at a bike. Every town no longer has three or four dealerships, that is big dealership with all the brands in it Illuminating the unti volume sales problem the industry has.... I don’t think there’s a simple solution to this problem ,we’ve seen the manufactures go through All sorts of gyrations, and the market still seems to dwindle. . It’s a change in society, I really think that’s all there is to it. I have several friends that Have left the industry in the last three or four years, simply because of the writing on the wall. Remember we are enthusiasts here, but the general public just doesn’t care about motorcycling like it used to be. At least in the US.

By the way, sports cars are feeling it too.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI