Yamaha NIKEN

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Yamaha NIKEN

Post by PCX150Rider »

The NIKEN hasn't been released yet. . .as far as I know anyways. . .but looks like it will make a debut pretty soon this month. Seems to have taken the Piaggio MP3 concept to a whole new level.

It's possible Honda is working on something like this also.

Here's a link to some information and a vid on the Yamaha. 8)

https://www.yamaha-motor.eu/NIKEN/index ... RpQ6_NQGPM
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Yamaha NIKEN

Post by gn2 »

PCX150Rider wrote:Seems to have taken the Piaggio MP3 concept to a whole new level.

It's possible Honda is working on something like this also.
The twin front wheel tilting trike was the brainchild of German engineer Wolfgang Trautwein, it was his idea and not Piaggio's.
He designed the first tilting three wheelers and built versions of Vespa, Honda and Harley with twin front wheels.

http://www.zeit.de/auto/2012-05/trautwein-dreirad-vespa
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Yamaha NIKEN

Post by PCX150Rider »

Sehr gut! ;)

That being said I apologize for adding this topic a second time in short time. I was looking at the Honda NEOWING and NIKEN and when I saw the NIKEN vid and info I immediately went to the keyboard without thinking. After I realized what I did it was too late to edit or cancel the post. :roll:

TBH I'm not sure if I'd buy one at this stage of the game but if I was a lot younger I'd seriously consider it due to the fact that it is just plain cool and way out of the box. . .totally breaks with tradition. o_O

From a visual perspective. . .and call me crazy (watched a lot of Westerns on TV growing up). . .but it makes me think of an old buckboard wagon being drawn by two horses. . .only high tech and much much faster. :lol: