What Will It Be Honda?

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

What Will It Be Honda?

Post by WhiteNoise »

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/h ... 20Combined
New Honda Bike, or Re-make? Will it be DCT or Manual?
Honda starts it's series of videos to keep Us guessing.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: What Will It Be Honda?

Post by TheMaverick »

Pretty safe to say that it won't be another new Fireblade, since they so comprehensively overhauled the CBR1000RR last year - and I doubt a new PCX would attract such fanfare.

I'd just like to have the option of considering an NC750 DCT here in New Zealand :(
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Flying down a road on a new bike, flying over a lake on skis, flying down a mountain on a board, or just plain flying. . .it's all good! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The time has come. . .. :o o_O :roll: o_O :? 8) 8) 8)

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Remember the original Lexus advertizing campaign? This reminds me of it. Head lights and fog, then a logo appears out of the mist in the second commercial and so on. 60 million dollars they spent on mystery. The day the car came out no one bought it because they had never seen it. The biggest advertising failure ever and heads rolled.

Maybe Honda will have to learn the same lesson. First rule of advertising... show the product.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cute video PCX150Rider. Mr. Chicken got the bizz in the end "Smack!!" :lol:

We shall see what happens this trip around homie. I'm the curious type for sure. But don't keep me hanging on too long! And don't disappoint me either. Truth be known, I'm quite bored with today's advertising. Commercials are killing me, they play over and over. Some soo nonsensical, long and boring. Give me the commercials of days gone by....short and sweet

Then again, Some Not so Short. Take 1, Take 2, Take it away! :lol:

Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Truth be known, I'm quite bored with today's advertising. Commercials are killing me, they play over and over. Some soo nonsensical, long and boring. Give me the commercials of days gone by....short and sweet
Don't know how it is in your neck of the woods on TV but if I see that Ford commercial (Summer Sales Event 2017) with the husband asking his wife for some help putting packages in the back of the SUV while she is on the phone talking to her mother I'm gonna go into spazzzzzzmania. :roll:

"Wifi Ma, it's not a question. . .it's thing". When does advertising digress from just introducing or informing a consuming pubic about a product to brain washing and psychic conditioning. That commercial I referenced has irritated me so much that I would never even think of considering a Ford for a new vehicle. Bought a lot of them in previous years but never again. I feel that they've truly insulted the American market with the constant play of the same commercial over and over and over again. They just got rid of their top CEO. . .go figure.

If I had the coin though it would be Aston Martin for me! :lol:
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Yeah,bring back Budweiser and the Clydesdales.!!
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

WhiteNoise wrote:Truth be known, I'm quite bored with today's advertising. Commercials are killing me, they play over and over. Some soo nonsensical, long and boring. Give me the commercials of days gone by....short and sweet
Amen to that - agree 100%

I get thoroughly sick of the "legal but highly misleading" "BS" that they come up with (unless of course all doctors and scientists really are early thirties - slim and attractive - with glasses - wearing a white lab coat and working in "sterile while" surroundings - in which case I apologise).
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by dgnyberg »

TheMaverick wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Truth be known, I'm quite bored with today's advertising. Commercials are killing me, they play over and over. Some soo nonsensical, long and boring. Give me the commercials of days gone by....short and sweet
Amen to that - agree 100%

I get thoroughly sick of the "legal but highly misleading" "BS" that they come up with (unless of course all doctors and scientists really are early thirties - slim and attractive - with glasses - wearing a white lab coat and working in "sterile while" surroundings - in which case I apologise).

You know it's bad when the time it takes to name the side effects of a medication takes more time than the advertising of it!!

Dave
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by dgnyberg »

WhiteNoise wrote:https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/h ... 20Combined
New Honda Bike, or Re-make? Will it be DCT or Manual?
Honda starts it's series of videos to keep Us guessing.
My son is a Honda Tech and he thinks it is a new CB150R streetfire.
25 more cc's than his Grom.
But, he's not 100% positive.
But it's too small to be DCT.

Dave
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

homie wrote:Remember the original Lexus advertizing campaign? This reminds me of it. Head lights and fog, then a logo appears out of the mist in the second commercial and so on. 60 million dollars they spent on mystery. The day the car came out no one bought it because they had never seen it. The biggest advertising failure ever and heads rolled.

Maybe Honda will have to learn the same lesson. First rule of advertising... show the product.
A major difference between that Lexus ad and this Honda one is that Lexus was a new brand no-one had heard of, the ad simply failed to change that.
Everyone is familiar with the Honda brand so the ad doesn't have to establish brand identity, just stimulate curiosity.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong