Is the Harley Superlow 883 all it's cracked up to be?

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Is the Harley Superlow 883 all it's cracked up to be?

Post by PCX150Rider »

So. . .Is the Harley Superlow 883 all it's cracked up to be? Is it a chiropractor's dream or a true legend?
Harley-Davidson-Sportster-883-1A.jpg
Harley-Davidson-Sportster-883-1A.jpg (130.78 KiB) Viewed 455 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Is the Harley Superlow 883 all it's cracked up to be?

Post by you you »

What is it cracked up to be? How many ways to repackage an 80s turd.

It probably won't smell now...?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Its not cracked up to be anything other than a Harley, so yes it is all its cracked up to be.

Going by the standards by which motorcycles are normally assessed and measured its an unbelievebly awful pile of crap, but as a Harley its very much a Harley and for anyone wanting a Harley it will meet their Harley requirements.

Having said that its an awful pile of crap, its the one Harley I actually like, but only because I like the look of it.
If my living room was big enough I'd have one as an ornament but I sure as shit wouldn't want to ride it every day.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

gn2 wrote:Its not cracked up to be anything other than a Harley, so yes it is all its cracked up to be.

Going by the standards by which motorcycles are normally assessed and measured its an unbelievebly awful pile of crap, but as a Harley its very much a Harley and for anyone wanting a Harley it will meet their Harley requirements.

Having said that its an awful pile of crap, its the one Harley I actually like, but only because I like the look of it.
If my living room was big enough I'd have one as an ornament but I sure as shit wouldn't want to ride it every day.
Keep it 100 ;), I'm with you. I friend of mine has a similar Harley and he is happy with it. But, then again he wouldn't be caught dead on a scooter. It's up to you with what you feel happy with. I prefer scooters, much better of a ride.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Gil wrote:
gn2 wrote:Its not cracked up to be anything other than a Harley, so yes it is all its cracked up to be.

Keep it 100 ;), I'm with you. I friend of mine has a similar Harley and he is happy with it. But, then again he wouldn't be caught dead on a scooter. It's up to you with what you feel happy with. I prefer scooters, much better of a ride.

Gil

I wouldn't be caught dead on a Harley.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

It is a cool looking. . .cool sounding motorcycle. . .but the ground clearance issues can be a safety hazard IMHO. And not to throw in the pillion and foot pegs with the basic machine just seems cheap to me. And why can't they just have one turn signal switch like they do on the Street Rod 750? At least that machine has better cornering clearance but I've read the engine can throw some serious heat in city traffic. I dunno. It's kind of like being offered a really juicy steak and then you find out the cook dropped it on the floor pulling it out of the oven. It's still a really juicy steak. . .but would you want to eat it? :geek: