New CTX700 DCT ABS - excited

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: New CTX700 DCT ABS - excited

Post by WhiteNoise »

Heh hey! Your bike came down from Jacksonville sooner than last said. All of a sudden they filled the truck heading South? Amazing how things get twisted than untwisted in mere heartbeats. What was the point of the BS excuse story. "Load 'em up 1st boyz then ship 'em out!" Bah!
What the heck! It worked in your favor and here She Be in all her Blue Glory! Hip-hip!

Seating position on the CTX700 is body straight up feet forward (nooo not Harley forward feet :lol: ) just midway forward.
I have a bad lower back, so after sitting on one I found feet forward was a bit of a strain. Could I handle the distance, any distance with that "strain pain?" Don't know. But!!! I believe you can purchase/mount accessory floor paddle boards. Am I making that up Glen? So your feet would then be placed similar to our PCX (fess up, we do roam our PCX floorboards a bit) ;)

About the tank, yep it looks intimidatingly big (kinda like a kid sitting on the bar of your bicycle between you and your handlebars) so I get what EasyR is saying. Let us know how you adjust to that bulk Glen as I have no idea if that would end up bugging me or not. Is the reach further because of it? I didn't test ride one (not permitted), I just sat on it for 30 mins or so as I spoke with the salesman.

The low seating was a welcome factor for me but not a necessity. No complaint there. Gives it that bikey look. The handlebar fairing? I'm on the fence with that. Would I want that or not? :roll:

I love this bike. Almost bought it when introduced. Plenty of speed, auto or manual wrapped into a DCT. HONDA rocks it!! Adding side hardcases? That's Sweet! Adds a finished look.

Oh wait! I have to say that I truly dislike the cumbersome look of the exhaust/muffler. It's got that "look at me" chrome tube going on. "Paint it Black" make it smaller....or do something with it! :roll:

Enough! I really dig this bike. I'd have one in a heartbeat if I had the $$ and the space to keep it inside my garage. It might still be my step-up bike down the pike.
8) though I'm Waiting a bit to see if the X-ADV comes to the U.S.

Good Luck with yours Glen, She's a Blue Beauty!
Life seems like it's getting shorter all the time. Ride on! Happy Trails :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Maverick, those dudes in the video? Selfish Idiot's! (< that really was so kind of me).
They're most definitely living on the edge of life. One that I would imagine (at thier Pace), Not to be very long. I hope that all they have is each other, otherwise I feel for their parents, families, friends and those that love them. They will be the ones that remain behind in sorrow and in pain till...well, Just till......
their end.
I Must stop here. Else Worse will leave my mouth. No can do.
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

Honda shipped the bike down but didn’t tell the dealer, and local trucker put in a local warehouse here. Only when we went asking did Honda change their tune, and said they shipped it. All good with me.

The tank really is no problem at all, however 2 years ago they moved the seat forward, for smaller riders that couldn’t reach the pegs. That jammed people like me that are 6’1 250. So A new Corbin Seat that doesn’t really have a pocket, is going on in two weeks, and the pegs are being replaced on Monday with 8 inch floorboards, I’m told from owners of my size but it’s absolutely perfect for hours on end. It’s comfortable for me now, but I can see that it is going to be better. Yes the exhaust is polarizing. I don’t particularly mind it. Radiant-google them -makes a Shorty, but it looks crude in my opinion.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Great response! Love the mention of the seat being moved forward in the newer models. That would make a difference for me. And I heard right, there are small floorboards available. More good news!
New seat? Bam it's gonna be a Corbin! Cool.
As time passes, keep telling us more and Show Her Off here too.
Yes, I will look up that Shorty muffler.
Cheers. I'm still smiling for you :P
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

299 kilometers = 186 mph
Faster than I've ever experienced. 36 mph faster than a stock firebolt. Seemed that was all there was to get from the Honda. Twisted death wish but still very interesting video to watch.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:299 kilometers = 186 mph
Faster than I've ever experienced. 36 mph faster than a stock firebolt. Seemed that was all there was to get from the Honda. Twisted death wish but still very interesting video to watch.

Firebolt. 150mph.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you you wrote:
Firebolt. 150mph.
:lol: youyou do I need to post a video? mines not stock ya know 8)

Back on topic for the poster here is a the latest incident over at the Buell forum. I thought I would share just so when you are out there on a more powerful machine (especially a new to you one) maybe take it easy and retrain yourself just a little.

Bueller wrote;

Thought I'd post just to get a little stress off my chest. My father in law died last sunday in a motorcycle crash. He was a very good rider and mostly safe, not a hooligan. He rode aggressive at times like most of us but still very sad. We don't know exactly what happened as there was no other vehicle involved and he was riding alone but it was a very bad wreck and they say they think he went over the bars and died on impact. His bike was in two pieces. He kept his bike in tip top condition, and always wore full gear. He died 8 miles from his house, he was a great guy and will be missed dearly, and it's especially a very hard time for my wife, her sister, and their mother. Sort of makes me want to quit riding as I am now living through all the tragedy that can be involved with it.

We spent sunday through wednesday in Arkansas and are now back home in Mississippi with my mother in law and their two dogs and cat. Can't help seeing my FIL when I spend time with the stray dog he found last month. Sorry for the sad post, just is tough dealing with all this and I figure other riders would want to know. I am glad I was able to do a ride with him just a couple weeks ago.

Fortunately we don't see these kind of posts in here ;)
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

Mel46 wrote:Maverick, all I can say about that video is Holy Crap, are those guys nuts!? At 186 mph and on the shoulder of the road as you pass everyone, anything can happen! I have been behind several semi trucks that have blown a tire while on the road. I have also been behind drivers when their car quit and they had to move over to the shoulder in a hurry. Those riders did not take into account why there is a shoulder on the road. In fact, who rides a motorcycle on the shoulder of the road without thinking about loose gravel?
Yeah. Pretty safe to say that "thinking about safety wasn't a priority for them". Co-incidentally, there's a video on LiveLeak.com showing a motorcycle crash at 300 km/h including the aftermath (that involves some major body parts "physically disassociated" from their indented locations) - that's the potential reality of riding like that.

That's why I like to leave those kinds of speeds to professional MotoGP riders who have the gear, fitness, and location to usually walk away even at those speeds.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

WhiteNoise wrote:Maverick, those dudes in the video? Selfish Idiot's! (< that really was so kind of me).
They're most definitely living on the edge of life. One that I would imagine (at thier Pace), Not to be very long. I hope that all they have is each other, otherwise I feel for their parents, families, friends and those that love them. They will be the ones that remain behind in sorrow and in pain till...well, Just till......
their end.
I Must stop here. Else Worse will leave my mouth. No can do.
Agree 100%

Here's a safe-for-work vid of what happens at those speeds when something goes wrong:

The sound says it all.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

you you wrote:

Firebolt. 150mph.

Not sure to be honest - apparently there's an agreement between manufacturers (under threat of regulation) to limit bikes to 299km/hr, but I've seen videos of Fireblades with the speed on 299 and the tacho still climbing a little - so I'm guessing that they were rechipped.

MotoGP bikes are topping 350 on some tracks and doing 0-300 in 9 seconds.

Mind you, there's always this classic "David -v- Goliath" ...

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

12R?

90 real world hp? Low 130s on a good day.

Downhill, in a tuck.

Tailwind and all the saints praying :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

TheMaverick wrote:
you you wrote:

Firebolt. 150mph.

Not sure to be honest - apparently there's an agreement between manufacturers (under threat of regulation) to limit bikes to 299km/hr, but I've seen videos of Fireblades with the speed on 299 and the tacho still climbing a little - so I'm guessing that they were rechipped.

MotoGP bikes are topping 350 on some tracks and doing 0-300 in 9 seconds.

Mind you, there's always this classic "David -v- Goliath" ...

Firebolts not Fireblades.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

All right! that's enough crash video for today.

youyou I will show you 145mph on a XB9R straight and level but not on my YT channel cause the POPO will come knocking on my door.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

you you wrote:Firebolts not Fireblades.
I'm talking about Fireblades, not Firebolts. Homie was talking about about both (ie drawing a top speed comparison between them).
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

That scooter owning those superbikes on the twisties is priceless. It does stand to reason a smaller bike could out maneuver on a track like that.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Maverick, all I can say about that video is Holy Crap, are those guys nuts!? At 186 mph and on the shoulder of the road as you pass everyone, anything can happen! I have been behind several semi trucks that have blown a tire while on the road. I have also been behind drivers when their car quit and they had to move over to the shoulder in a hurry. Those riders did not take into account why there is a shoulder on the road. In fact, who rides a motorcycle on the shoulder of the road without thinking about loose gravel?
And don't forget the roofing nails, broken glass, and tire retread debris. :roll:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

About the crash video. . .every rider's worst nightmare at any speed.

More competition for space creeping onto the roads in my area now. Moose and Bobcats have been sighted in increasing numbers. Wouldn't want to have to hit one of those. The squirrels are good practice for braking and avoidance maneuvering skills. Damn things can't seem to make up their mind which way they want to go. :lol:

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

HA HA! run with the squirrels... excellent!
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Candidates for a Darwin.

Just lost a 20 year old kid last night in town. He decided to go a bit over 100 mph on a little town street (posted 30 mph). Driveways, restaurants, all kinds of places for somebody to be pulling out. Totally stupid. He went over a newly paved bit of road with a bit of a dip and lost control. bike went to the right - kid went to the left, and into an oncoming car.

Prayers for the family, the person driving the oncoming vehicle, the first responders and the firemen who had to hose off the accident scene, as well as my buddy the tow truck guy who had to bring the mechanical pieces to his shop next door.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

PCX150Rider wrote:
Maverick, all I can say about that video is Holy Crap, are those guys nuts!? At 186 mph and on the shoulder of the road as you pass everyone, anything can happen! I have been behind several semi trucks that have blown a tire while on the road. I have also been behind drivers when their car quit and they had to move over to the shoulder in a hurry. Those riders did not take into account why there is a shoulder on the road. In fact, who rides a motorcycle on the shoulder of the road without thinking about loose gravel?
And don't forget the roofing nails, broken glass, and tire retread debris. :roll:
For sure, although some days I'm convinced that nails of any kind are magically attracted to the tyres of any vehicle I own.