Death of the big dirt bikes...

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Death of the big dirt bikes...

Post by homie »

The sad truth... Big bore 600cc dirt bikes were all I wanted when I was a younger man :cry: I used to ride a red white and blue 600 Honda before the dual sport designs took over and that was the killer for my dirt bike interests. I wondered why no upgrades for these bikes... this explains it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylEkhrLKgCc&t=365s
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: Death of the big dirt bikes...

Post by gn2 »

Rumour mongering pish.

If you want an on/off road trailie there's plenty options still available.
KTM alone build 15 (yes 15) Enduro models from 150 to 690cc
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Death of the big dirt bikes...

Post by PCX150Rider »

Build them and they will come. . .won't they?

It comes down to sales with profits above and beyond just breaking even to keep something in production.

I know the Interstates in my area are getting like crowded cattle chutes. I don't find that entertaining. It makes me have to pick and choose when and where I ride with more forethought now. I think that's one of the reasons I use the PCX as my daily rider so much because of it's ease of use and practicality. To go sport touring on my motorcycles involves traffic reports, infra structure project schedules, road conditions, and hoping the places aren't either overcrowded or shut down due to budget cuts. It gets complicated.

Bottom line is people have to want to ride. . .period. . .and that's what's important. IMHO. 8)