Honda Vision 100 NSC handling issue's and belt issue

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

seanyp83
Year: 2013
Color: blue honda visi

Honda Vision 100 NSC handling issue's and belt issue

Post by seanyp83 »

Hello,
Wanted some advise with some issues I am having with my Honda Vision 110 NSC.
When I purchased the bike a year and a half a go it rode straight with no handling problems. The guy I purchased it from said he had an accident with it, I think he was clipped by a car at the front end of the bike ( front fender has scratch marks on the left hand side). After about 8 months it then started to pull to the left meaning I had to lean to the right to go straight. At the same time the front end became less stable. I tighten up the head adjuster nut (I know silly way to try and correct this) which resulted in the bike pulling more to the left.
With the bike on the centre stand, I lifted the front end and moved the handle bars left and right to see if the steering races had any indents. There was dent when the handler bars are straight.
I have since replaced the forks, stem and bearing ( but NOT the head races). The bike bike still pulls to the left and is getting worse.

Help please? What do I need to do?
Will replacing the races AND bearings solve this?

I've found the parts I need on the below site.

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces ... N+110.html

Looks like what I will need will cost £40.00.

2nd issue.
The bike would not get past 45mph when I purchased it, this gradually got worst (top speed reduced) until the belt broke. I had it replaced about 9 months ago and now it is happening again I cannot get past 50mph. I think the clutch is worn as the bike shakes when I pull away. Could this be causing the belt to wear fast?

Anyways with all of these issue's (I didn't mention a slow drain bolt leak - had a heil coli fitted but still leaking slowly) should I try to repair or sale it and move on.

Thanks
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Honda Vision 100 NSC handling issue's and belt issue

Post by you you »

seanyp83 wrote:Hello,
Wanted some advise with some issues I am having with my Honda Vision 110 NSC.
When I purchased the bike a year and a half a go it rode straight with no handling problems. The guy I purchased it from said he had an accident with it, I think he was clipped by a car at the front end of the bike ( front fender has scratch marks on the left hand side). After about 8 months it then started to pull to the left meaning I had to lean to the right to go straight. At the same time the front end became less stable. I tighten up the head adjuster nut (I know silly way to try and correct this) which resulted in the bike pulling more to the left.
With the bike on the centre stand, I lifted the front end and moved the handle bars left and right to see if the steering races had any indents. There was dent when the handler bars are straight.
I have since replaced the forks, stem and bearing ( but NOT the head races). The bike bike still pulls to the left and is getting worse.

Help please? What do I need to do?
Will replacing the races AND bearings solve this?

I've found the parts I need on the below site.

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces ... N+110.html

Looks like what I will need will cost £40.00.

2nd issue.
The bike would not get past 45mph when I purchased it, this gradually got worst (top speed reduced) until the belt broke. I had it replaced about 9 months ago and now it is happening again I cannot get past 50mph. I think the clutch is worn as the bike shakes when I pull away. Could this be causing the belt to wear fast?

Anyways with all of these issue's (I didn't mention a slow drain bolt leak - had a heil coli fitted but still leaking slowly) should I try to repair or sale it and move on.

Thanks
Get someone to sit on the rear seat so the front wheel is off the ground. Hold the front wheel centrally and see if it falls to the left or right.