The Honda PCX / Honda Forza / SH Forums

Your predominant source of information for the Honda PCX 125, Honda PCX ESP, Honda PCX 150, and Forza. Now featuring a SH300i / SH150i subforum!
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: First ride on a Buell...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:03 pm 
Prestige
Prestige

Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White
Interesting to hear a guy experience a Buell for the first time in his life. lmao where he thinks he's doing something wrong when he feels the engine and idle vibrations. Coming off a Ducati he has officially gotten a taste of raw motorbike American style... but he can't find neutral :lol:

A Buell in New York is just not right. Enjoy the experience with him, I was soaking wet after my first throttle up from fear on the unrefined - how did you say youyou "shonky" crude, no frills motorbike.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:23 pm 
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Nothing wrong with a bit of a raw edge on a bike.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:24 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Year: 2017
Color: White
Effing awesome . . . it cooks . . . as he says. 8)

I felt sorry for that guy though. The oil was probably getting effected from heat being generated by the damn slow traffic and the tranny may have been getting sluggish in that "no neutral" footage. No lane splitting in NY. :(

That machine needs to be moving. . .with healthy gobs of throttle and grins. Damn cool machine. Truly a muscle bike. . .. :D

Homie - Don't ever sell yours! It's going up in value with every tick of the clock. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:21 am 
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*
Alrighty, watched yer vid homie. New Yawker dude speaks in colorful tongue. Out to impress I guess via youtube channel plus he's sporting a Buell - testing in City traffic and over a bridge?
Really! Get yer arse out on an open road if you want a hearty taste! That Buell is aching to Go and is gonna start climbing!! Ride it!!
Why couldn't he get the bike into neutral,.... :roll: can you explain that to me?

To enter your location and other: Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of this page). Upon arrival, click Profile in left column. See the questions? Please Complete. Tis Simple. We Thank You Much (o;

"Miles From Nowhere, I Guess I'll Take My Time...Ohh yeah" Cat Stevens

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:53 am 
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Year: SV650AL7
Color: The correct one
WhiteNoise wrote:
Why couldn't he get the bike into neutral,.... :roll: can you explain that to me?

Probably because he was trying to do it while stationary?
Old Ducatis did that too, almost impossible to find neutral once stopped.

Didn't watch the video, I already have my own thoughts about Harley/Buells.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:02 pm 
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

gn2 wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:

Probably because he was trying to do it while stationary?

He'd better get used to that :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:34 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

When I'm on my KLR or Bandit 1200 I always try to kick it down to neutral as I come rolling up to an intersection with a light or stop sign. I drop it into first when I"m at a dead stop. . .don't like those clunks shifting into first too soon. Sometimes I have to let the clutch out in neutral again or just inch the bike forward a hair and try for first again especially when it's hot. I use 10w-40 Castrol conventional oil. . .not synthetic. :o

A similar thing happens on the KLR upshifting into second sometimes if I don't give it enough oommpphhh or short shift at slow speeds. Different bikes have their own quirks and you learn to adjust and adapt to them and live happily ever after. :lol: :lol: 8)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:10 pm 

Year: 2016
PCX150Rider wrote:
When I'm on my KLR or Bandit 1200 I always try to kick it down to neutral as I come rolling up to an intersection with a light or stop sign. I drop it into first when I"m at a dead stop. . .don't like those clunks shifting into first too soon. Sometimes I have to let the clutch out in neutral again or just inch the bike forward a hair and try for first again especially when it's hot. I use 10w-40 Castrol conventional oil. . .not synthetic. :o

A similar thing happens on the KLR upshifting into second sometimes if I don't give it enough oommpphhh or short shift at slow speeds. Different bikes have their own quirks and you learn to adjust and adapt to them and live happily ever after. :lol: :lol: 8)

I had KLR for a while. It was the smoothest shifting bike I had ever rode. Others have said the same. Smooth is all directions. You had something going on there...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:34 pm 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Unfortunately, Guy Martin had no problem finding neutral on his Fireblade SP2 recently :(

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjZXaUwYoog[/youtube]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:53 am 
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I had KLR for a while. It was the smoothest shifting bike I had ever rode. Others have said the same. Smooth is all directions. You had something going on there...

It does shift smoothly with a few exceptions. Mine is an '88 with over 30K miles.

The newer KLR 650s have evolved with a few changes from the original but are generally the same.

When they first hit the market they had issues with the splines on the counter shaft. Kawasaki went back to the drawing board and designed a new counter shaft with heavier splines.

Then there was the "doohickey" balancer adjustment lever problem with the springs breaking off in some cases. Mine is still OK. . .believe it or not. I may replace it some day though. . ..

Keeping the bike. . .had it too long to sell it now. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:14 pm 

Year: 2016
PCX150Rider wrote:
Quote:

It does shift smoothly with a few exceptions. Mine is an '88 with over 30K miles.

Ok, that explains it. 88' that's a dinosaur!
I did the doo hicky on my 2006 KLR. Easy bike to work on. I want a newer one, 2012 or newer.