New 2018 Piaggio Liberty 150S

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

New 2018 Piaggio Liberty 150S

Post by fish »

The Liberty S seems like a solid little scooter. Big wheels and light weight make it very easy to roll around.
Ready for 600 miles of running in.
Starting with tomorrow's before-sunrise coffee run - I know the front lighting can't equal the Burgman's twin running lights. Those were amazing. (sold the Burgman for this scooter)

I like the details on this scooter....red stitching on the seat, chrome bits all around, nice paint and well fitted panels, LED running lights, immobilizer, ABS front, nice dash.

I like the Piaggio 'neck tie' up front.

More on it's road manners later.....

Fish
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: New 2018 Piaggio Liberty 150S

Post by PCX150Rider »

I'm seeing a blend of Kymco People GT 300 i, Piaggio Beverly, and Honda SH 150i.

Good luck with your new ride!

Did you look at the Piaggio Fly 150 by any chance?

Keep us posted. :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Wheel design is nice
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

PCX150Rider wrote:I'm seeing a blend of Kymco People GT 300 i, Piaggio Beverly, and Honda SH 150i.

Good luck with your new ride!

Did you look at the Piaggio Fly 150 by any chance?

Keep us posted. :D
No,
No comparison with the new Liberty...wanted what the new bike had.
I really, really like the Honda SH, Kymco People One, and the Liberty. The Liberty is only one avail. in the States. The Honda was 1st choice..
1st ride this morning....peppy, great head light compared to my LIKE200I. The vin surprised me...was told it was assembled in Vietnam....vin says Italy.
Fish
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Very nice fish, I like it! Is your dealer nearby?
I and I'm sure you know, that Piaggio/Vespa dealers have been closing shop everywhere in the U.S.
It's sad. They have lost my purchase interest due to that fact. It's good that you are mechanically inclined so not Too many worries there. But getting parts??? And on a timely basis? Hmm. No more downer talk from me. I Like your choice, she's got style 8)

http://www.piaggiousa.com/scooter/liberty-s-150.html

I await your full riding review. I expect there will be more. I hope your Like, likes it too. Enjoy your stable of Beauties ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax

Post by Jge64 »

Great suggest retail $ on this bike.....very nice.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Blingtastic! :D
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

It is sad that the Vespa/Piaggio dealers are either closing up shop or losing sales at existing multi-brand dealers. In CT and MA I think there are only two Vespa dealers left. NY still has a few though.

Too many SUVs . . . too few Scooters. ;)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:It is sad that the Vespa/Piaggio dealers are either closing up shop or losing sales at existing multi-brand dealers. In CT and MA I think there are only two Vespa dealers left. NY still has a few though.

Too many SUVs . . . too few Scooters. ;)

True. You should have to ride a scooter for a year before you can get a SUV :D

Stupid, Ugly Vehicles
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

WhiteNoise wrote:Very nice fish, I like it! Is your dealer nearby?
I and I'm sure you know, that Piaggio/Vespa dealers have been closing shop everywhere in the U.S.
It's sad. They have lost my purchase interest due to that fact. It's good that you are mechanically inclined so not Too many worries there. But getting parts??? And on a timely basis? Hmm. No more downer talk from me. I Like your choice, she's got style 8)

http://www.piaggiousa.com/scooter/liberty-s-150.html

I await your full riding review. I expect there will be more. I hope your Like, likes it too. Enjoy your stable of Beauties ;)
I don't know. ...I spoke to 4 dealwrs in a 60 mile radius before buying this scooter. Will only need a dealer if I have a warranty issue. ....these things are not NASA complicated. I will miss the Burgman's big bike ride over bumps, and those bright twin riding headlights on my daily dark rides......not much else. Certainly not the weight, city maneuverability, parts prices or that matte grey paint!
There is always scooterwest for parts.
I bought spare consumables for the Kymco....4 yrs later they're still in the boxes.
Discovered the Liberty has an alternate seat opener, should the battery be dead....lever sectreted & avail. if you have the key.
Cool beans...
Fish
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

fish, This just in from Modern Vespa's forum http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic155355

Yes, secret seat opener a +
I think Piaggio read enough over the years at Modern Vespa. Many a member wanting to get under their seat by using an alternate method. Bravo, they stepped up to the plate!
Thinking back now, my MP3 had a method, but I ain't spilling the beans on a public forum. Respect to others that own them ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

WhiteNoise wrote:fish, This just in from Modern Vespa's forum http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic155355

Yes, secret seat opener a +
I think Piaggio read enough over the years at Modern Vespa. Many a member wanting to get under their seat by using an alternate method. Bravo, they stepped up to the plate!
Thinking back now, my MP3 had a method, but I ain't spilling the beans on a public forum. Respect to others that own them ;)
Well, I'm a new guy in town on Piaggios....but found a lot of good stuff for the new Liberty on AF1racing.com
Good prices compared to scootwest: example -Piaggio 8" flyscreen. $219 S.W. , $169. from AF1racing.
Modern Vespa member pointed me that way.
Also AF1 has a nice pdf service manual for the Liberty @$8.
Purchased several consumables for the new scoot from them...as I'm not sure I'll use the dealer serv. for anything but tires and warranty work. Like to work on my own scooters .Nothing wrong with the dealer...seemed like nice folks.
Fish
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I've bought stuff from AF1 Racing when they still sold Genuine Scooters. Needed some parts for my Roughhouse. Good people to deal with. :D

When they moved they dropped the Genuine line and continued with the Italian Marques. :geek:
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Modern Vespa's forum http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic155355
whitenoise did you look at the Vespa 946? First time I've seen pictures of a modern Vespa. Certainly no one on the road with this or I would have seen one in Chicagoland. How do we account for the lack of these modern Vespa's?

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic128299
Attachments
4480135_21165.jpg
4480135_21165.jpg (22.35 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Read an interesting comment posted by a long-time Vespa enthusiast:
"Purchasers of the most expensive scooter brand - complain about the price of an oil change!"

Actually - I thought the most parsimonious owners in N. America where the guys who popped for the pricey Burgmans.
"No point in looking at the $7 spark plug - scoot is still running at 30,000 miles!" Washing paper air filters - or cutting new filters from $1.99 home a/c filters, or using foam from chair-backs.

I can understand why some Vespa dealers load every single scooter on the show-room floor with hundreds of dollars worth of accessories. Might be the last time they see the buyer.

It is not my job to see that a business stays solvent - the best dealers have the staff, and practices, to keep old and draw new customers.

fish
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

PS: I bought this Piaggio from the dealer who did a good, quick, job replacing a Michelin on my Kymco wheel, (and without charge, replaced a bearing)
Friendly service sells.
Fish
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

fish wrote:Read an interesting comment posted by a long-time Vespa enthusiast:
"Purchasers of the most expensive scooter brand - complain about the price of an oil change!"

Actually - I thought the most parsimonious owners in N. America where the guys who popped for the pricey Burgmans.
"No point in looking at the $7 spark plug - scoot is still running at 30,000 miles!" Washing paper air filters - or cutting new filters from $1.99 home a/c filters, or using foam from chair-backs.

I can understand why some Vespa dealers load every single scooter on the show-room floor with hundreds of dollars worth of accessories. Might be the last time they see the buyer.

It is not my job to see that a business stays solvent - the best dealers have the staff, and practices, to keep old and draw new customers.

fish
Good post.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

For about the same money you can have the 946 or a Harley Roadster. Or, in other words, a really classy well respected Italian Scooter that is the ultimate in it's line or a really nice Sportster that will still be looked upon as not quite a Road Glide (X2 the money) or CVO Limited (X4 the money). The Sportster was introduced to give riders a lighter more agile American machine to compete with the Italian and British marques that were rising in popularity for those who didn't feel the need to ride a "tractor". Enter Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Yamaha. Reliable, quick, competitively priced, big believers that racing on Sunday converts to sales on Monday. And so it goes. :geek:

At the end of the day the consumer votes with his/her money and like in Politics only the best at giving the voters what they want with the least pain win and stay in office. ;)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Modern Vespa's forum http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic155355
whitenoise did you look at the Vespa 946? First time I've seen pictures of a modern Vespa. Certainly no one on the road with this or I would have seen one in Chicagoland. How do we account for the lack of these modern Vespa's?

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic128299
homie, I started a new thread on this 946 Beauty: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7934
"How do we account for a lack of these?" Elementary my friend...limited inventory and Cost!
markcap
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Post by markcap »

Great looking scoot!

Like others have said, looks the Honda 150SHi. But in reality, the Honda 150SHi looks like a Piaggio!

I recently sold my Aprillia Sport City 250 which is styled much like the one you just bought. Great fun! And fast!
Markcap
2016 PCX--Dark Candy Red
2016 Forza--Pearl Red