Handsome ELITE spotted

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Handsome ELITE spotted

Post by fish »

My daughter spotted this really pretty HONDA Elite in our coffee village today.
I took a couple snaps and tracked down the owner in a nearby store.
The scoot is mint condition, 5400 miles. The small-framed owner said he is looking to step up to the next size Honda scooter (PCX) so that he can ride on the highway. Said he can do 50mph on this Elite.
I suggested that indeed the PCX can go a bit faster - but it is still not a good safe ride on our I-70 or I-68 - both of which are 70mph posted.
He said salesman had told him the PCX was highway capable**.
As I understand it these new version Elites were brought to the USA in 2010 - and only for that year. (his scoot was indeed stickered "2010")
He had no idea where it was made. (I subsequently learned: mainland China)

This is the first ELITE i have ever seen. Pretty, deep metallic red and nice looking seat.

** I'd be willing to bet that it was our local multi-brand dealer salesman who told him the PCX is a highway scooter. My LIKE200i was I-70 capable according to them, as well.

I wager that our two, distant, HONDA power-seller store salesmen would not tell customers that a PCX is for use on I-70. They would suggest the Forza or a SilverWing...or a motorcycle.

PS: that's not a scuff on the body....but reflection of the yellow parking lot stripe.

Fish