do Chinese scooters suck?

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Re: do Chinese scooters suck?

Post by lillypinkjenny »

B***er I meant to add a photo and forgot. Here it is.

the other thing is that it never got stolen, nor was any attempt ever made to steal it, despite me never using te steering lock or any other security device.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

lillypinkjenny wrote:B***er I meant to add a photo and forgot. Here it is.

the other thing is that it never got stolen, nor was any attempt ever made to steal it, despite me never using te steering lock or any other security device.

Looks all right to me.
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

you you wrote:
lillypinkjenny wrote:B***er I meant to add a photo and forgot. Here it is.

Looks all right to me.
Thanks, it was a definite 2m bike.

ie it looked OK from 2m or more away. :lol:

It rode OK though. Interestingly you can get rear bars for these copies (based on the honda Joker / Aprilia Habana) so that the pilion pegs can be raised up. Handy if you have a tiny pillion that you want to take on the back.

Performance wasn't up to much, and that was the same with any 125 GY6-clone Chinese scooter I have tried. Say 55 mph indicated as a maximum o a flat road. Much the same as the Honda Innova I had a while.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I have Always like the Aprilia Mojito 150. I seriously considered a 2007 model back in the day but instead bought a Piaggio MP3. I know :roll: 2 totally different bikes, but the MP3 was introduced that year in the U.S.A. and I had been waiting for it's arrival. Then my eyes fell upon the Mojito and....a Big Ruckus on the showroom floor. I was terribly torn between them, I wanted all 3. I left the site confused. Came back the next day and the Mojito and Big Ruc were gone/sold :cry:
I bought the MP3 that day. I should've been more excited than I was at purchase.
On Delivery day I was, the MP3 was an amazing machine.

The Mojito I sat on looked just like this:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (84.59 KiB) Viewed 821 times
Today? I would still take a Mojito in a pinch (if parts were available-I don't think so anymore) and a Big Ruc - Stablemates ;)

Enjoy yours lillypinkjenny, 8) Your Habana Rocks!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

Sadly I haven't got Vale the Valencia any longer. He went in a bit of a clear out to make room for something else. In fact I ended up selling him back to his previous owner. He'd passed him on originally due to some niggles he couldn't cure, but I managed to.

I only started riding small auto scooters because I had a mountain bike accident and screwed up the major functions of my left thumb.

It's OK now, my left hand, a bit achey at times but I grew to like not changing gear and the general user-friendliness of autos.

I joined this forum because I'm generally impressed with the PCXs I've seen since riding one.

I may well be buying one soon, but I'll have a browse around here first.

Thanks for making me feel welcome.

:) xxx
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

Oh and to anser the OP's original question.

Some Chinese scooters suck, I'm sure ... but not all. xxx
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

I realised that I had a couple of (admittedly awful) photos of Lance, my Lexmoto Arrow on my photobucket library.

For all the stick I've read about Chinese bikes, my personal experience has been a positive one. Even when I knew virtually nothing about maintenance, Lance never (well rarely anyway) let me down.

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

WOW! I had to look that one up because they surely don't look that retro anymore.... but they do 8) Looks brand new!

btw do you work on your own bikes?

http://www.lexmoto.co.uk/KS125-24.php
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

homie wrote: btw do you work on your own bikes?
I do! :D I've learned a lot since buying my Lexmoto in 2011, mainly by getting my hands dirty and making mistakes.

I'm no mechanic but I do like to have a hands on approach to my bikes.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

lillypinkjenny wrote:
homie wrote: btw do you work on your own bikes?
I do! :D I've learned a lot since buying my Lexmoto in 2011, mainly by getting my hands dirty and making mistakes.

I'm no mechanic but I do like to have a hands on approach to my bikes.
And forums are where people find the know how for their hobbles. Nothing better than a motorbike with a cult like following. Pick your bike by the popularity of its internet gathering and you shall never need an extended warranty. I get it, I do it.
If you buy a new PCX you will want the service manual. I know these are not easily accessible in the UK. What's your plan for an SM?
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

:lol: You know me too well already!!!

I was searching yesterday online for PDFs and figured I may use my contacts in the USA to blag a genuine Honda Service Manual.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

You wouldn't be the first young lady with mechanical skills that fancies a scooooooter. Unfortunately we lost the last one to the Grom holligan's after WE taught her how to use a clutch. She enjoyed tooling her own and adding bling, making funny video's and driving too fast down the narrow streets of the UK dodging house cats. Yep, JoJo crossed over to the wild side and never looked back *sigh*
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

homie wrote:You wouldn't be the first young lady with mechanical skills that fancies a scooooooter. Unfortunately we lost the last one to the Grom holligan's after WE taught her how to use a clutch. She enjoyed tooling her own and adding bling, making funny video's and driving too fast down the narrow streets of the UK dodging house cats. Yep, JoJo crossed over to the wild side and never looked back *sigh*
:lol: Thanks for that, but I'm over 30 now so not so young! 8)

Sounds like JoJo found her niche. I've done enough wild stuff for now, mainly dirt biking on MX bikes and canyon racing on a CBR600 when I lived in Cali for a while.

Smaller autos float my boat now... plus I've sat on a Grom and I look like a grasshopper sat on a pea! :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

You might want to play with this before you jump in ---> http://cycle-ergo.com/
At 5'9-32 I'm as comfortable as it gets on a 2015 with the bars pushed up a little bit. This bike was obviously targeting the Asian build and we don't hear them complaining.

You certainly don't want anything with a hump on the seat so that eliminates 2011-13 and some 2014's. A 2015 or later would have beautiful LED lights and the better saddle, consider it. You could buy and aftermarket seat for an earlier year PCX if you found a great deal and had to have it. With minimal basic tool skills and a SM you will be able to maintain the bike yourself and save all the service fees for accessories.

Congratulations, you fall in the 12% for average age in this scooter forum, so yes you are a spring chicken as far as most you are speaking with. http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... verage+age
lillypinkjenny
Regular User
Regular User

Post by lillypinkjenny »

[quote="homie"]You might want to play with this before you jump in ---> http://cycle-ergo.com/
/quote]

That's a good tool. Thanks :D

Thanks also for the advice regarding sizing. That's something to consider. :)