Mr Pulley sliders - Honda Vision 110esp

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Scootyman
Year: 2015
Color: Black

Mr Pulley sliders - Honda Vision 110esp

Post by Scootyman »

Hello all,
Hope you are all keeping safe and well. Just a little post on my recent findings of the above mentioned Mr Pulley sliders.
For reference, I’m talking about the new upgraded sliders now named Mr Pulley as I think they used to be known as Dr Pulley. These new ones have a little tab each side that you can nip off with a pair of pliers if they cause problems. Anyway, after running some of the new ones for around 2000 miles I’m sad to say that I’m not impressed. Sure, they do what they claim to do and seem to increase acceleration etc but....and there is a but. I took them out yesterday after 2000 miles of use and they look wrecked already. Most of the little tabs on the sides have disappeared and they look marked up beyond recognition of how they looked before. I had a feeling that something was amiss when the start off from standstill changed. From previous experience I assumed that maybe one of the sliders had turned over in the variator and decided to open up and take a look. Now let’s make it quite clear that this is not a grumble post. I have been a fan of the Dr Pulley brand stuff for a while hence I felt a little disappointed with what I found.
I was running three 13 gram sliders and three 14 gram placed alternately in the variator. I’m thinking that maybe it might be an early teething issue with the new type and maybe getting the material compound correct, I’m not sure but I threw the set away and replaced with normal rollers and a new belt.
Has anyone else had any experience with theses that they would like to share? I used to use the Dr Pulley sliders in both my PCX and S Wing 125 with great success so maybe it’s just an unlucky batch but my riding habits are open road riding to work at 50mph for most of my journey so not much stop start riding involved hence I was surprised with the condition.
All good experience anyway and thought I’d share my findings with others albeit a mixture of good and not so good.