160hp cruiser

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

160hp cruiser

Post by homie »

BMW-Bagger-K1600B.jpg
BMW-Bagger-K1600B.jpg (49.02 KiB) Viewed 643 times
I think this new BMW will find a market in the US. I say that because it appeals to me over anything from BMW so far. Should be cost comparable to a decent Harley if they don't want to price themselves out of the running. It has a look the American cruiser crowd adores. Lots of excellent perks in suspension, horse power, semi automatic transmission option, quality built, dependability and even reverse for older farts that can't push it back. I hope to see a K1600B on the street soon, and honestly its about time BMW got with the US cruiser market. Thumbs up from homie to BMW o_O I LIKE IT!!!!

The B version takes the GT’s frame a little lower, adds a little more “slope” to it and drops the passenger seat about three inches.
A massive front fairing blocks the wind and it is stretched back to give the bike a sleeker profile than the GT. The windshield is also adjustable.
Suspension is electronically controlled, with “road” and “cruise” modes. Which is essentially soft and softer, perfect for eating up miles. It remains to be seen if road is stiff enough for spirited riding.
BMW will offer “Shift Assistant Pro” which means you no longer need the clutch if you don’t want to shift. Similar to high end sport bikes that allow you to just press up on the shift lever.

The K1600B was introduced as the first BMW made specifically for the American market at its unveiling ceremony. It will be sold in other countries, but BMW’s looking to double their U.S. market share by 2020 (from 4 percent to 8 percent) The K1600B is how they intend to take a big bite out of Harley-Davidson’s market share.
Attachments
BMW-Bagger.jpg
BMW-Bagger.jpg (57.03 KiB) Viewed 643 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: 160hp cruiser

Post by you you »

Looks a laugh. We'd call it a tourer rather than a cruiser though.

I thought the iconic 900s was made for the North American market?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

BMW has had cruisers in the United States since I can remember. In fact, in 1965 I met a guy who was going cross country on his BMW. It was a beautiful bike then, though the horizontal pistons were quite unique. I have seen fully loaded BMW bikes around our area too, some of which would be good cruisers or touring bikes, though the majority here seem to be adventure bikes. I know a guy who purchased one from someone who had taken the bike all the way down to the end of South America and back. It is rugged, but when it breaks it is quite expensive to fix. It is the kind of bike that only the rich can afford to keep after the warranty is up... seems to be the same with their cars.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote: It is rugged, but when it breaks it is quite expensive to fix. It is the kind of bike that only the rich can afford to keep after the warranty is up... seems to be the same with their cars.
If this is the case and they didn't factor into their market survey that riders can't afford parts or work on them themselves then Harley has nothing to worry about :D Harley guys find their parts and get it done with or without a dealership.
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

Looks like BMW is going after the Harley dentist/Goldwing crowd.

They're way, way, way too big for the likes of me.