Honda Air Blade

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

JaeMelo
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2015
Color: Black/Grey

Honda Air Blade

Post by JaeMelo »

Hey guys,
I recently got my hands on this new 2015 Honda Air Blade that has been sitting on the show room floor for quiet sometime. It shares the exact same block/transmission from PCX 125i esp model. I'll most likely be spending my next paycheck on a Yuminashi 150cc/164cc kit and probably their variator kit and this exhaust for a 150.

Here are the nudes ;)

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Honda Air Blade

Post by WhiteNoise »

Very very nice bike! 8) And Lovely grounds as well. Welcome aboard our forum(s)!

I have a request :D
Tis this...Please return to the User Control Panel and enter your location, and bike information.
It will help us to help you and vice versa/versa vice ;) Thank ya.
Oh, and Easy directions are right below my post.

Back on topic: JaeM is set to talk exhausts
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Once you got the tuning bug, I'd look into fitting the larger PCX brakes up front to slow you down from those hairy 164cc speeds. :-)
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

Neat bike, congrats! That frontal close up of the headlights looks like an owl face! Very cool!
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Honda like the owl face.
JaeMelo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JaeMelo »

Update :D

All I can say is wow... This thing is ridiculously powerful now. I can't wait for the cams and torque driver to go in just to see the difference it'll make up top.

Broken in correctly?!

Completed with a freshly painted PCX 150 exhaust :D Gotta love VHT's Hi Temp Paint ;)

Oh yea and I did a 55watt Hi-Lo Beam 6200k HID retrofit 8)

The cutoff needs to be adjusted on the right projector but other than that im blown away :o
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Nice going, but you're strangling lots of untapped power by using that stock exhaust with a BBK.
JaeMelo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JaeMelo »

chicaboo wrote:Nice going, but you're strangling lots of untapped power by using that stock exhaust with a BBK.
Yup I am aware of that. This is just a temporary solution until these guys over here have my exhaust ready. The cat is basically gutted out along with the added wider down pipe. I'm hoping this'll do the trick along because it definitely satisfies my sleeper obsession. :)
bobbygundas
Year: 2016
Color: white

Post by bobbygundas »

Hey Jae, I see a fellow Bermudian. I stay up by Spanish point and see you had posted on here about your mods for your airblade looking sic btw. Just trying to verify that a pcx exhaust fits on the airblade although mine is the Vietnam model so a lil different body wise than yours. I am just trying to get a few smaller parts first ie exhaust clutch and the like and its proving very hard for me to find. Any help you can give would be great.

Regards
Bobby
bobbygundas
Year: 2016
Color: white

Post by bobbygundas »

Also I see you say you put a pcx 150 exhaust on the bbk so it look like the body mounts for the exhaust are the same but do you know if that downpipe would bolt up to the stock 125 and if so what year/model pcx exhaust did you use.
JaeMelo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JaeMelo »

bobbygundas wrote:Also I see you say you put a pcx 150 exhaust on the bbk so it look like the body mounts for the exhaust are the same but do you know if that downpipe would bolt up to the stock 125 and if so what year/model pcx exhaust did you use.
Hey mate, I've seen the 2016 airblade in person and the engine is exactly the same as the 2015. Mine also has a vietnemies manual under the seat so we're on the same boat. The only difference between your bike and, mine are the body plastics. Im 100% sure you'll be able to put a PCX 150 exhaust on it without a problem.

btw if you need front clutches I am about to put in another order in a few days for a standalone ecu, I can grab a clutch also; however I will say that the stock clutch is perfectly fine... The real power comes from the lighter rollers that come in those front clutch/variator kits. If I were to drop 6x 10gram or 8gram rollers in your stock clutch right now you'll feel the same power as buying that $200 clutch from cycle care.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JaeMelo wrote:
chicaboo wrote:Nice going, but you're strangling lots of untapped power by using that stock exhaust with a BBK.
Yup I am aware of that. This is just a temporary solution until these guys over here have my exhaust ready. The cat is basically gutted out along with the added wider down pipe. I'm hoping this'll do the trick along because it definitely satisfies my sleeper obsession. :)

I like the sleeper idea. Q-bike?
JaeMelo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JaeMelo »

you you wrote:
JaeMelo wrote:

I like the sleeper idea. Q-bike?
lmao wth :lol: I had no idea that hideous "thing" existed until now.