NC750S... or keep the Forza

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Buy an NC750S... or keep the Forza?

Get an NC750S
87%
Keep the Forza
13%

Total votes: 15

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: NC750S... or keep the Forza

Post by gn2 »

Decision made, just waiting for it to be ready to collect.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Bonus marks for collecting it in a Kilt, while playing bagpipes.
aka DrewJW
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Decision made, just waiting for it to be ready to collect.

And fully charged?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

YES! I Can't Wait to see a pic!
And it will be,
Wait for it, wait for it..........Clean! ;)

Great choice gn2 :P I'm Happy for You! (and a wee bit jealous too).
I know if White were a choice you'd have it instead. So be it, it's not. Honda needs to talk to you n me! We know what color turns heads n wheels and can be seen. It's always White 8)
Sooo...when is delivery? Let's get Excited!!!!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The problem with the white NC colour option..... its a matt finish and very hard to keep from looking grubby.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

....and we can't have that! White's meant to be White, so yer right about the hard to keep clean matte.
I'm Still Excited for ya! ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Me needs an update....
gn2 did you ever get your new bike? Did I miss delivery (during my absence awhile back?)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

The situation is that I still have the Forza.
At the time there were no new NC750S models available in the UK due to earthquake damage to a Honda factory in Japan.
The dealer had told me the demonstrator I was going to buy from them was in "as new" condition, it was out on loan so I couldn't see it.
A deal was discussed and I was told that their NC750S demonstrator had been dropped in a car park but any damage would be repaired prior to sale.
On the day I had arranged to go in check it over and and buy it (when it was supposed to have been made ready for sale) the thing was caked in filth, the accident damage it had previously sustained had not been fully repaired and the exhaust header pipe was all rusty.
Also the indicated mileage was higher than they had said it was and the essential first service had not been carried out at 600 miles, it had gone to around 1100 miles before service.
I took it for a test ride and decided I liked the bike but would wait till spring for a brand new one.

Since that time I have been looking around at other options and am quite smitten by the Suzuki SV650A but I will not be changing untill after the winter road salt has been washed away, probably around the end of March-mid-April-ish.
In the meantime lots of interesting new bikes and scooters are arriving on the market, the choice expands and selecting the new steed gets more difficult.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow, Downer! that's a disapponting outcome. But as they say, (who's they? pay no attention :D )
"It wasn't meant to be," and You did right by walking away. That beautiful bike was left as trash. Shame on them! Say goodbye with a smile then comment, never again shall We meet. Tahtah.

Buy from reputable business. I love a bargain, but sometimes its not. This was such a case.
Sorry gn2, that it bloomed into that :(
Yes, many new bikes are coming round the bend. A better lovelier bike awaits you, you'll find it I'm sure and in fairer weather. Shopping, trying and buying a new bike always tickles my innerds! Next one's yours!
Me? I shall drewl (<< will ya look at that, I can't spell now) :lol:
Please keep us posted on yer pickin's :D