NC750S... or keep the Forza

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Buy an NC750S... or keep the Forza?

Get an NC750S
87%
Keep the Forza
13%

Total votes: 15

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

NC750S... or keep the Forza

Post by gn2 »

When I bought the Forza back in September 2013 it was 100% the machine I wanted.
Sadly it has not turned out to be all I had hoped it would be.
There have been multiple problems with it, warranty repairs, design flaws, defect recalls, etc.
The gloss has gone off the whole experience and off the paint too.

So I have been thinking of changing to something else and that something is an NC750S.
Some time ago while my Forza was in the dealer for an extended stay for service/warranty repairs/recall work I was loaned a white NC750S.
This bike was a revelation.
I had previously ridden an NC700X DCT and hated it.
The NC750S seemed far better, much smoother engine and better riding position.
When I returned it the dealer asked me how I liked it and I remember answering that I could see myself buying one.
A deal was offered at the time but as the Forza was still fairly new I declined.

Time has passed, the Forza is older now with 30,000 miles on the clock.
If I'm to keep it I'll want to replace the exhaust for a stainless one, maybe swap the mirrors to longer stem ones, raise the seat, just sort out a few niggly things I've not bothered dealing with.
All that would cost around £400 and add nothing to the trade value, which is around £2000

So my dilemma is, do I change to an NC750S or stick with the three year old 30,000 mile Forza?

Having both isn't an option, its one or the other.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Re: NC750S... or keep the Forza

Post by kramnala58 »

From reading your post, it sounds like your heart (yes, friends, gn2 does have a heart ;) ) is already eyeing up the NC750S, thus it likely doesn't matter how much lipstick (stainless exhaust, seat, mirrors) you put on your pig (the gloss has gone off the whole experience and off the paint to), in short enough time, it will probably continue to be a pig.

As well, £2,000 trade value on a bike with 30K miles, sounds quite reasonable. I say trade it and enjoy the new ride.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Having the NC for a few weeks now I can say I'm not disappointed. The only things that I don't like are the lack of centre stand, but it can be retrofitted. I got a price of £170 to get one fitted at the dealer so I got a paddock stand instead. It makes my second dislike easier and that's chain maintenance. What a ball ache.
The storage is great to have on a bike and really sold it to me as coming from a scooter I would really miss it. My AGV K4 evo hemet fits but only just.

£2000 for the forza sounds good. More than I thought it would be worth and would be a good deposit. If your going to go down the PCP finance route then pay the bare minimum deposit you can as once the 3 years are up you can give it back and have paid less. I prefer the do a regular loan on it as I don't want to find a big final payment to keep it. If your only going to keep it 3 years the PCP might suit you better.

I hadn't used the PCX for 3 weeks so used it this morning and I can tell you it like riding a kids bike compared to the NC. I'm planning to use them week about and will decide next year if I'm keeping it or not.

I'd go for it, but how reliable the NC is is anyone's guess. Sometimes you better with the devil you know.

Sent from my iPad
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Get the NC, brilliant bike, I adore the idea behind their concept.
aka DrewJW
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Alibally wrote:Having the NC for a few weeks now I can say I'm not disappointed. The only things that I don't like are the lack of centre stand, but it can be retrofitted. I got a price of £170 to get one fitted at the dealer so I got a paddock stand instead. It makes my second dislike easier and that's chain maintenance. What a ball ache.
The storage is great to have on a bike and really sold it to me as coming from a scooter I would really miss it. My AGV K4 evo hemet fits but only just.

£2000 for the forza sounds good. More than I thought it would be worth and would be a good deposit. If your going to go down the PCP finance route then pay the bare minimum deposit you can as once the 3 years are up you can give it back and have paid less. I prefer the do a regular loan on it as I don't want to find a big final payment to keep it. If your only going to keep it 3 years the PCP might suit you better.

I hadn't used the PCX for 3 weeks so used it this morning and I can tell you it like riding a kids bike compared to the NC. I'm planning to use them week about and will decide next year if I'm keeping it or not.

I'd go for it, but how reliable the NC is is anyone's guess. Sometimes you better with the devil you know.

Sent from my iPad
Get a Tutoro chain oiler
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

DAB wrote:
Alibally wrote:Having the NC for a few weeks now I can say I'm not disappointed. The only things that I don't like are the lack of centre stand, but it can be retrofitted. I got a price of £170 to get one fitted at the dealer so I got a paddock stand instead. It makes my second dislike easier and that's chain maintenance. What a ball ache.

Sent from my iPad
Get a Tutoro chain oiler
Good call.

Sent from my iPad
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:When I bought the Forza back in September 2013 it was 100% the machine I wanted.
There have been multiple problems with it, warranty repairs, design flaws, defect recalls, etc.

So I have been thinking of changing to something else and that something is an NC750S.
Some time ago while my Forza was in the dealer for an extended stay for service/warranty repairs/recall work I was loaned a white NC750S.
When I returned it the dealer asked me how I liked it and I remember answering that I could see myself buying one.
A deal was offered at the time but as the Forza was still fairly new I declined.

If I'm to keep it I'll want to replace the exhaust for a stainless one, maybe swap the mirrors to longer stem ones, raise the seat, just sort out a few niggly things I've not bothered dealing with.
All that would cost around £400 and add nothing to the trade value, which is around £2000

So my dilemma is, do I change to an NC750S or stick with the three year old 30,000 mile Forza?

Moto guzzi
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by Alibally »

you you wrote:
gn2 wrote:When I bought the Forza back in September 2013 it was 100% the machine I wanted.

Moto guzzi
And RAC homestart.

Sent from my iPad
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Alibally wrote:
you you wrote:

Moto guzzi
And RAC homestart.

Sent from my iPad

I've never ever seen a broken down one in near 40 years of riding.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Dad had a 93 Guzzi Mille GT. Heavy clutch, shaft drive, and it made the ground shake. Too manly a bike for me.
I didn't know it to have any problems except the rubber perishing on the turn signal stems.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

chicaboo wrote:Dad had a 93 Guzzi Mille GT. Heavy clutch, shaft drive, and it made the ground shake. Too manly a bike for me.
I didn't know it to have any problems except the rubber perishing on the turn signal stems.

Did it need RAC home start for them?
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Nope, he just left them sagging.
You have to watch out for rust in the bottom of the tube frame though. It wouldn't be Italian if it didn't rust I suppose?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

All motorcycles rust.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Yep, and the chrome pits too. Dad's Nevada rusted right through the tube frame with about a 5/8" hole at the bottom near a weld. I guess moisture and condensation would pile up, or possibly water could just get in there when washing the bike? The Mille GT was much higher quality except for the turn signal stems perishing, afaik.
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

gn2 wrote:All motorcycles rust.
True, but Italians grow rust better.

As a former owner of Alfa Romeo's (five or six of them, I've lost count) I consider myself an expert on rust :D :D

Saw enough rust in those cars to last me a lifetime, but still love the performance and handling of those truly great little cars.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Things might have changed since the latter end of the last milleneum.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Anyway, there's not a lot of love for the Forza judging by the poll results so far....
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

gn2 wrote:Anyway, there's not a lot of love for the Forza judging by the poll results so far....
At least not compared to the NC750S
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Hmm, off to Ye Honda Shoppe in the morning methinks...
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Will you trade or hold out for a better price on private sale?