Honda MSX125 (Grom)

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Honda MSX125 (Grom)

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sizzling Hot
You're bike is looking just the way you want it and I think......
It FRIGGIN' ROCKS!! It's Sexy! and Pow! I love it!!
Nuff said.
Wait. Can I take it for a Spin? :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Kenno
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014/2015
Color: White

Post by Kenno »

Hi Jojo, new bike's looking good.
Are you doing your test on it or taking a bigger bike?
If it's on the grom, I'd plan on doing it well before June. The waiting lists for tests can be quite long, and it seems quite easy to fail - I was lucky and passed first time but when I was reading up on it, failing at least once was very common, even for people who'd had geared bikes for years and years (hope this doesn't sound too pessimistic!).
I'd get your tests booked in for April or early May. Just in case you need to redo one of them, it could be weeks (think it was 5-6 weeks when I was booking in) for the next one, and once your CBT runs out you'd have the hassle of getting you and your bike to the test centre without riding it.
jojo87
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2015 Honda MSX
Color: Red

Post by jojo87 »

Thanks for the advice :-) I might do my CBT again to be honest, was only doing my full test at the moment to get rid of the L-Plates, as I don't go on motorways or have people on the Bike anyway, but with this Bike the L-Plates aren't bothering me too much.... and I don't need anything bigger than a 125cc, so I was going to do my CBT again, at least that way I can spend the whole day with the Instructors etc, and these months seem to be going so fast as well so it'll be June before I know it! will see anyway, I haven't had the time to do any practice theory tests yet and the quick ones I did before I failed on due to having a Scooter so I didn't actually know anything about manual Bikes, so i'll redo some practice ones when I have the time and see from there.
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Probably going to be renewing my CBT in 2017, need to find out from my centre what the new rules are, may be worth getting theory and hazard out of the way since they felt it may become a requirement of the CBT.
aka DrewJW
Kenno
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014/2015
Color: White

Post by Kenno »

I suppose the pressure's off if you do your CBT as long as you can live with the L plates! To be honest, I wouldn't bother doing your full test on a 125 anyway. It's exactly the same test (and price) doing it on a bigger bike to get your full A licence. Once you're used to the gears I'd have a chat with a local training school. They'll probably let you have a free go on a bigger bike to see how you feel. You'll need a few lessons so it would cost a little bit more, but worth it I think to get it all over and done with. No more L plates or restrictions!
Also, for the theory test (and Drew if you have to do it) I can definitely recommend getting 'The Complete Motorcycle Theory and Hazard Perception Tests' dvd rom. Much better, and crucially contains a lot more questions than the free online options. Don't want to brag (I do really) but I got the best score they'd ever seen at my test centre (a fact I try to crowbar into every conversation I have).
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

Kenno wrote:I suppose the pressure's off if you do your CBT as long as you can live with the L plates! To be honest, I wouldn't bother doing your full test on a 125 anyway. It's exactly the same test (and price) doing it on a bigger bike to get your full A licence. Once you're used to the gears I'd have a chat with a local training school. They'll probably let you have a free go on a bigger bike to see how you feel. You'll need a few lessons so it would cost a little bit more, but worth it I think to get it all over and done with. No more L plates or restrictions!
Also, for the theory test (and Drew if you have to do it) I can definitely recommend getting 'The Complete Motorcycle Theory and Hazard Perception Tests' dvd rom. Much better, and crucially contains a lot more questions than the free online options. Don't want to brag (I do really) but I got the best score they'd ever seen at my test centre (a fact I try to crowbar into every conversation I have).
Noted may grab it as I plan to do theory + hazard this year.

1. For the CBT...

2. To get my car license, got some land I can store a car on been tempted to get one for a bargain price i've seen a few local, be great for winter driving when bikes off road to get some work done.
aka DrewJW
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

DrewJW wrote:
Kenno wrote:I suppose the pressure's off if you do your CBT as long as you can live with the L plates! To be honest, I wouldn't bother doing your full test on a 125 anyway. It's exactly the same test (and price) doing it on a bigger bike to get your full A licence. Once you're used to the gears I'd have a chat with a local training school. They'll probably let you have a free go on a bigger bike to see how you feel. You'll need a few lessons so it would cost a little bit more, but worth it I think to get it all over and done with. No more L plates or restrictions!
Noted may grab it as I plan to do theory + hazard this year.

1. For the CBT...

2. To get my car license, got some land I can store a car on been tempted to get one for a bargain price i've seen a few local, be great for winter driving when bikes off road to get some work done.
Licence. Standards please.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Here's a 2014 8) Custom Grom 8) if I ever saw one - Very N i c e!
How much do you think he'll get for it? https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/mcy/5975519704.html
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Here's a 2014 8) Custom Grom 8) if I ever saw one - Very N i c e!
How much do you think he'll get for it? https://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/mcy/5975519704.html
WOW! I would love to have that :o Unbelievably well done, if you have to ask you can't afford it I guess. I won't ask him how much (like he insists you don't) but somebody should :lol: Sometimes people who have no intention of selling something like that just list it to see what people will offer, cruel but establishes a sense of worth over time if you are of a mind to know. PLUS if some nut absolutist positively has to have it and money is not an issue he could do very well selling something so cool. But that's not what Craig's list if for and he might get flagged.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes! :D I knew you'd be the first to reply homie! This Grom totally rocks!
I won't be contacting him. But, I sure as heck wanted to share this beauty with ya'll 8)
Agree, he Knows what he's got and he's waiting for the very best offer. I can't blame him really. Wonder what he'll be modding up next?
Imagine sportin' that baby round town. Yeah...I would, with a big grin on me face! :D
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (49.59 KiB) Viewed 2247 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Can't find the turn signals or tail light but that doesn't mean they are not there somewhere. I did probe him a for response but nothing back yet.