if I wanted a bigger bike today...

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

if I wanted a bigger bike today...

Post by homie »

and I don't, not yet
but if I did it would be from the Honda Shadow line - probably the ACE or Spirit
http://powersports.honda.com/street/cru ... -line.aspx

then I would immediately order a bobber kit from these guys
http://bluecollarbobbers.com/honda-shadow-ace-750

This is the lean forward classic bobbed design I LIKE!
Yep... I'd take the tail end off as soon as I got it home and wrap the exhaust nice and proper,
I'd be the terror of the neighborhood, the gangsta of homie street 8)

Better stop thinking about this and get back on my scooter :oops:
Attachments
Honda Shadow ACE.jpg
Honda Shadow ACE.jpg (55.44 KiB) Viewed 5587 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: if I wanted a bigger bike today...

Post by you you »

homie wrote:and I don't, not yet
but if I did it would be from the Honda Shadow line - probably the ACE or Spirit
http://powersports.honda.com/street/cru ... -line.aspx

then I would immediately order a bobber kit from these guys
http://bluecollarbobbers.com/honda-shadow-ace-750

This is the lean forward classic bobbed design I LIKE!
Yep... I'd take the tail end off as soon as I got it home and wrap the exhaust nice and proper,
I'd be the terror of the neighborhood, the gangsta of homie street 8)

Better stop thinking about this and get back on my scooter :oops:

That look is a bit old over here now, really, really old And why on a metric,?, if it's your bag do it properly and base it on a Harley. It's a fashion statement, you need to get it right
j.d.b.
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red

Post by j.d.b. »

Funny you bring that up. A good friend of mine in the business recommends the Yamaha "Bolt". I'm not much on the name but it DOES look interesting if I ever go back to the big(ger) bike experience.
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/models/bolt
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Star Bolt is the US branding for the rather good Yamaha XV950.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

you you wrote:That look is a bit old over here now, really, really old And why on a metric,?, if it's your bag do it properly and base it on a Harley. It's a fashion statement, you need to get it right
But you you Honda reliability and PRICE! so yes "metric" as you say... not Harley please o_O
Plus the kits from Blue Collar are well documented (in video) for a shade tree mechanic like me... notice the don't do Harley's either :lol:

That's why they call the look "Classic" ... it's a bit OLD?

maybe it's the Honda Spirit classic bobber look with the spindly front wheel you like better? I can't keep looking at what you can do to these NEW Honda's from the cruiser category... too cool.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
you you wrote:That look is a bit old over here now, really, really old And why on a metric,?, if it's your bag do it properly and base it on a Harley. It's a fashion statement, you need to get it right
But you you Honda reliability and PRICE! so yes "metric" as you say... not Harley please o_O
Plus the kits from Blue Collar are well documented (in video) for a shade tree mechanic like me... notice the don't do Harley's either :lol:

That's why they call the look "Classic" ... it's a bit OLD?

maybe it's the Honda Spirit classic bobber look with the spindly front wheel you like better? I can't keep looking at what you can do to these NEW Honda's from the cruiser category... too cool.

That does look ok tbh
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

At one time I quite fancied a VT750S but the fuel tank was far too small.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

OK one more peek at this eye candy, lets find some negatives
limited to black and red color
no ABS available as far as I can see
still comes with a rear drum brake
the bobber kit (being essential) otherwise its just a boring street bike
you are tossing the whole rear end and you paid for it
shit for lights

what else?
come on I really need to hate this Honda... there's something WAY too sexy and attractive going on here and I can't put it to rest.

however the MSRP is only 7400.00 8)
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

I think your pick for moving up to a bigger bike is excellent. That size is very easy to transition to. Low seat height and not too heavy. Middleweight cruisers are a sweet spot in motorcycles that can do just about everything well. The downside of these things is that they cover so much ground its hard to justify buying more bikes. Well maby a few more, might wanta ride motocross or a Goldwing for coast to coast.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Walrus wrote:I think your pick for moving up to a bigger bike is excellent. That size is very easy to transition to. Low seat height and not too heavy. Middleweight cruisers are a sweet spot in motorcycles that can do just about everything well.
Well that just pushes me over the top :D I went to the boss and she said sure o_O (WOW does coronary heart disease have no limits to what you can get by the wife) wish I had been diagnosed years ago! Really it's totally treatable, probably out live her. So no plans to trade the PCX but in the fall I will purchase the Black Shadow and dress it exactly like the one in the video, white pipe tape and all... fricken awesome!

now where to park it :?
Attachments
sweet.jpg
sweet.jpg (9.5 KiB) Viewed 5477 times
tbln930
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by tbln930 »

Very nice - my Honda salesman has a Shadow among his seven scooters and motorcycles.
2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 ABS (Graphite) - 775 miles - Terry Adcox saddle, T-Rex skid, SW-Motech crash bars, Madstad windshield, Givi 30L top case, Ram X-Grip, thermometer, OEM center stand, OEM hand guards

2014 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure (Candy Daring Red) - 8650 miles - too fast Givi Airflow WS, Givi V47 mount, Givi crash Bars, Givi skid plate, Ravetech GPS mount, USB power outlet, Easter Beaver Fuse box, Denali DR1 LEDs, MondoMoto LEDs, Tool Tube, Zumo 665 GPS, Cobra radar detector, Mobius HD camera

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure (Metallic Thunder Gray) - Sold

2013 Honda PCX 150 (Candy Rose Red) - Sold

SECoda/tbln930
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Way to go on getting approval. If my wife wouldn't strangle me I would probably have several bikes. Glad to hear you're going to be OK, I'll glad to hear you're going to be OK. I know what you mean with the health concerns. In 2003 I purchased a new Superglide. I rode it and usually another smaller Honda for 10 years until 2013. I ran on some health worries myself, and had some health issues That made it more difficult to handle a big bike, So I sold it. that was the only bike I had left at the time. I missed riding so I bought a Vino 125. It was a little cozy for two up extended periods, so I bought a Forza. After a while the wife said she didn't feel secure on the back without a sissy bar or something. Also there were times on a 4 Lane Highway I felt the Forza was a little light in twitchy over 60 mph. My health scare passed, I wanted a motorcycle again, I started looking around and was probably going to buy that Shadow. The guy that had bought my old Harley, bought himself a new larger Harley bagger. He offered me my old one back for cheap because his wife was killing him for spending so much money. I thought even though I'm old I want a motorcycle again, so I bought the darn thing back. It still runs fine and maybe I have a couple more good riding years on it before I have to get off again. The problem with buying the darn Forza is that it occupies a sweet spot in scooters. I'm having trouble justifying a PCX and a Burgman 650. And of course I might need a dirt bike if I ever get any dirt.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Tiny car.jpeg
Tiny car.jpeg (82.92 KiB) Viewed 5467 times
If you want to go big but not too big, here is your answer. Everbody needs one for rainy days. :-) :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:At one time I quite fancied a VT750S but the fuel tank was far too small.

GN2 has a feminine side :D :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:
Tiny car.jpeg
If you want to go big but not too big, here is your answer. Everbody needs one for rainy days. :-) :-)

That's is beautiful. I'd have one. What is it?
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

That little car is a Piaggio Vespa 400. The name at least SOUNDS like it is a scooter.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Walrus
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Walrus »

Mel46 wrote:
Tiny car.jpeg
Is that a Vespa car? A guy in our town has one. The only one I have ever seen. He and his wife drive it to eat downtown on weekends.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie, will you be able to mod the beamer on the 750 with an LED? Looking yellow in the video. We be spoiled, Our PCX's shine pure light :D
Had me a candy red 2001 and candy orange 2005 Shadow. Both 600's. Stopped production after 2008. The 750 is a nice bike. Doit!! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:homie, will you be able to mod the beamer on the 750 with an LED? Looking yellow in the video.
yep I do not like the looks of the lamps at all, was thinking to continue to ride the very bright and noticeable PCX at night. Then during the day ride the black, dark, evil looking shadow, or if there are good aftermarket front and rear LEDs certainly would want to fit it ASAP.