Honda CB500X

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Honda CB500X

Post by Taz »

Hi all
Its been a year or since being on the forum and over a year since I traded in my 125 for a CB500X. Good to see You You is still around seeing it was my typo that named him!

So Im still loving the CB500X. I chose the white one as my PCX was white. Being 6'3" the X fitted me without doing a humpectomy or other adjustments. In fact I sat on around 20 different types of scooter or bike before choosing it. I put in a nice big 37L top box and the Honda main stand and thats it. It worked out way cheaper than the Wee Strom which was my next best in the list. Especially mainstand price was 1/3 of the Suzuki pricing. The X has a huge fuel tank with 290 mile range so unlike the PCX, Im refuelling less frequently. Its handling and flickability is superb. Ive been commuting 25km each day and love it. I use the stock screen which keeps wind off the torso and added a couple of small spacers to reduce its angle of attack so have a nice quiet helmet in clean air.

And now the icing on the cake is Rally Raid have a full off road upgrade kit including spoked wheels. I havent got that yet as have only been on flat packed dirt trails but its nice to know its available. Anyway take care and I will monitor for q's and feedback here!
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Re: Honda CB500X

Post by sendler2112 »

Another great bike from Honda. The 500's have such a sweet engine, trans, and clutch. Plenty of power and still great on gas with many riders getting 70 mpgUS, 3.3L/100km. And come in three flavors of forward lean with the R, F, and X.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

After watching me with two scooters, my teen aged son was chomping at the bit for a bike. He wanted a 650 or more.....I was pushing for a 300F.....after many searches and a lousy false start on a quickly busted Craig's list 650 and 1$K down the drain, we found a very clean CB500X with 1500 miles on the clock and 6 months remaining Honda warranty.... we moved quickly in it, bargaining vs my 2 previous scooter purchases and got it for $4700 OTD, tax included.
I've had 5 Honda bikes and scoots....happy customer for 4 decades, so this seemed an easy decision for both of us.
We split cost of a yoshamura pipe and sliders, he put on a pair if black red adjustable levers, black & gold tire hugger from the UK, a matching white front fender from an F modelfor iincreased front visibility to cars, and he added a nice mid height givi screen. He ordered a rear plate elimanator thing.....but otherwise is done with it.
We changed the oil quickly ( same filter as my Forza) and purchased a service manual.
His is a January 2014.....some confusion about valve adjustments needed at 600 service, or not. Early models yes, later models no. Two different owner's manuals exist for the 2014 X.
What say you?
In any event, he loves it and we are sharing nearly weekly Forza/CB500X rides! :-)
Fish
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Mine is a Jan 2014 model and did not need the 600 mile Valve clearance check. Has to be done at 16,000 miles now.
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

One of my favourite bikes out on the market. Enjoy!
2015 Honda CB300F ABS
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Thanks. All but one of my bikes have been Hondas and have loved them all. One XJ900 and it just didnt handle like a Honda!
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Taz wrote:Hi all. Its been a year or since being on the forum and over a year since I traded in my 125 for a CB500X. Good to see You You is still around seeing it was my typo that named him!
Wait, what's this, is there a story behind YouYou's name? :o Please share, we would love to hear some dirt (ummmm I mean interesting stories) on 2U's. ;) :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

kramnala58 wrote:
Taz wrote:Hi all. Its been a year or since being on the forum and over a year since I traded in my 125 for a CB500X. Good to see You You is still around seeing it was my typo that named him!
Wait, what's this, is there a story behind YouYou's name? :o Please share, we would love to hear some dirt (ummmm I mean interesting stories) on 2U's. ;) :lol:

The name, pictures and banner are things that I've only had limited input into....

From memory I think I was winding Taz up. He typed in you you instead of you. And I used the the old Laurel and Hardy joke. "Don't call me a you you". And maddie or Whitenoise changed the name.

Homie does the avatar, I think Whitenoise does the banner.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I can't remember what it was before...?

How about the pair of us being Waldorf and Statler...?

Do you want to be Waldorf or Statler? Im happy either way.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:I can't remember what it was before...?

How about the pair of us being Waldorf and Statler...?

Do you want to be Waldorf or Statler? Im happy either way.
Waldorf if you offering. WHITENOISE!!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Like it!
Hecklers: Statler and Waldorf indeed! Witty Curmudgeons!

Named after Two of NY's famous hotels: the Statler Hilton and Waldorf-Astoria
Sit thee above in thy balcony chair(s). Peer down among the crowd and snicker yer wit.
We love it! (Mostly) ;)

So fess-up...who's Who here?
(Folks...We have Muppet Cast "in-da-haus!") :lol:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (103.4 KiB) Viewed 1396 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Are we Avatar toon-ing? Alright.
One of me choices would be Boober.
Where from/what show?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (71.5 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Are we Avatar toon-ing? Alright.
One of me choices would be Boober.
Where from/what show?
He is looking like Kermit to me.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Jim Henson creator of the Muppets and Fragglerock where Boober lived and performed.
Who knows kram, maybe Boober and Kermit were related and swamped it together :lol: