recapping my 2019 scooter season

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

recapping my 2019 scooter season

Post by fish »

All servicing was DIY - these are both easy scoots!(a big reason for buying them)

12 months of riding my 2012 LIKE200iLX:
@ $15 +/- for > 3 oil changes, one gear oil change, one new airfilter, one valve adjustment.
One flat tire by screw in rear Michelin P. Pure - repaired at home with plug kit.
Averaging @ 70mpg with Shell Super.

12 months riding my 2018 Piaggio Liberty150i:
@ $25 for > One valve adjustment, 2 oil changes, oil filter change, one gear oil change, one new airfilter, fitted longer puke tube from a Kymco.
One flat tire, screw front Maxxis, repaired road-side with plug kit & electric pump.
Averaging @ 97mpg with Shell Super.

Neither scooter had a crash, nor a part failure. Other than flat tires - all servicing was preventative rather than "fixing" something.
In other words, both EFI scooters performed flawlessly again this year. Neither tire "Mushroom plug" is leaking.

Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: recapping my 2019 scooter season

Post by Old Grinner »

Sounds like you had a good year with the scoots . . ..

Low maintenance means more coin to spend in the New Year on coffee runs and sunrise ritual rides at dawn. :D

During the warmer months when the contractors are out and about doing home building/refurbishing stuff there is more of a chance of nails and fasteners falling through the cracks and crevices of their trucks. A few years ago they actually put out a warning on a local TV station near here that a stretch of road a few towns up river from me had been sprinkled with a lot of nails. Seems somebody didn't properly secure their stuff and lot of them spilled out the back of a vehicle. Residents were wondering if it was deliberate. Go figure . . ..

I think I'll have more coffee and take a ride later . . . should get to 40 F. today. It's sunny for a change. I'll keep an eye out for shiny objects in the road. 8)