2020 Honda Super Cub C125 in Red Slated for U.S. Delivery

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

2020 Honda Super Cub C125 in Red Slated for U.S. Delivery

Post by Old Grinner »

Out with the "Blue" and in with the "Red" say's Honda for the new 2020 release of the Super Cub C125 in America.

https://powersports.honda.com/street/mi ... r-cub-c125

Talk about "Ride Red" eh? Perhaps I should be more specific and say "Pearl Nebula Red". Sounds cosmic . . .. :lol:

IMHO I think red is "the" color for that Super Cub. Whenever I hear "Honda Super Cub" I immediately think of the early models with red frames and white frontal body work.

Hope my state gets allocated some this go 'round. None for Connecticut on the first release in 2019.

It would be nice to check one out. :D

A great review done earlier this year on the 2019 Model and still fun to watch! 8)

Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: 2020 Honda Super Cub C125 in Red Slated for U.S. Deliver

Post by Jge64 »

I like the red much better, especially the seat. The thread on this bike over at ADV rider is miles long and shows many people enjoying this bike. And if I was a hedge fund manager and had a stable of bikes I would have one too. But if I was buying one bike for fun this would not be it. I don’t get it. I realize Honda doesn’t even call this a scooter, as it’s in their “mini Moto” section, and I shake my head at the guys That buy this bike and immediately put a milk crate on the back for storage. 3600 bucks, no twist and go, no pass seat, no storage, max 45-50 mph, and no real wind protection… Especially when they sell a PCX that does all that and more. But I get the nostalgia aspect…This bike would perfectly slot in their lineup at $2499, but not $3600.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I like the red much better, especially the seat. The thread on this bike over at ADV rider is miles long and shows many people enjoying this bike. And if I was a hedge fund manager and had a stable of bikes I would have one too. But if I was buying one bike for fun this would not be it. I don’t get it. I realize Honda doesn’t even call this a scooter, as it’s in their “mini Moto” section, and I shake my head at the guys That buy this bike and immediately put a milk crate on the back for storage. 3600 bucks, no twist and go, no pass seat, no storage, max 45-50 mph, and no real wind protection… Especially when they sell a PCX that does all that and more. But I get the nostalgia aspect…This bike would perfectly slot in their lineup at $2499, but not $3600.
The PCX is the better value for sure when you compare pricing and bang for the buck. :geek:

I truly believe the nostalgia component to the sales formula is huge. It just has something about it that strikes a cord . . . especially in anyone born before 1960.

If I did buy one I would leave it stock just as it comes off the showroom floor. No luggage rack for me. Granted a "minimalist" attitude does help.

And being somewhat "minimalist" I'm not a hedge fund manager either. That said time will tell . . .. :lol:
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Post by Jge64 »

The cub carries no nostalgia for me and I was born in 1950. For me nostalgic meant, the 305 super hawk… Now that’s a bike I lusted over when I was 12-14.... Even then I thought the cub’s engine was too small.
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Well heck, always thought a Honda had to be red. But not this time!
Blue is much more striking (after seeing a pair of them in person, being ridden.)
Red one with the sad looking seat looks like a yard sale scoot after 7 years running errands for the old couple who own the camp grounds.
Fish
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Larry Crowne had a "Blueish" Honda scoot also . . .. :lol:

As an added note the original Super Cub was blue because it was felt at the time it represented sea and sky colors which the Japanese people were familiar with.

But red always impressed me. It must have been those ads! 8)

More eye candy for Honda fans. :D

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

And then there is this video . . . also of the 2019 model . . . but shows the red and blue models that were offered in Europe. A good comparison and opportunity to sort things out in your brain. :?

It still amazes me that Corbin already has a custom seat on the market for the new Super Cub but nothing for the PCX. :roll:

http://www.corbin.com/honda/hsc19s.shtml
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Two things:

1) My local Honda dealer actually has a 2020 Super Cub in stock now (red of course). I hope I'll be able to pay them a visit before it's sold and check it out. Honda can always make more if it is. :D

While there I'd also like to check out the 2019 PCX 150 leftover and see how much different it is compared to my old 2017. I continue to wrestle with the idea of replacing my liter bike with a lighter machine but not just yet. I'll never grow up. :roll: :lol:

https://www.newenglandcycleworks.com/in ... -10395528i

2) According to what I've read and seen some folks have had issues with the shift lever interfering with their foot placement on the left foot peg of the new Super Cub 125. Evidently one's heel could accidentally cause an upshift or something depending upon how one rests their foot. This video shows a "work around" and evidently it seems to be a solution for the originator. Seems simple enough but I would hope that it doesn't have any unintended consequences. One other thing I thought of is why one just doesn't remove the shift lever and cut off the rear (heel) section, grind and deburr, and replace on the bike. Of course it will then have to be shifted both up and down like on a regular motorcycle. And hopefully there is sufficient space and reach on that forward end of the shift lever to accommodate the action. I sometimes wondered if the purpose of the "heel toe" shift mechanism was to avoid getting that "wear spot" and discoloration on the left shoe or boot. It may seem far fetched but otherwise I don't see the point of it.

Yorkie150
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018/19
Color: RED

Post by Yorkie150 »

My local Honda dealer here in the UK told me that the ''new'' cub isn't selling very well.....There is no pillion seat as the frame isn't designed for one. Its also quite expensive here in the UK and in his words...'you get more in the PCX and Forza than the cub....Would he have one? - answer ''NO''
https://www.facebook.com/groups/769137659827490/
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

i went to a honda dealer on monday to buy oil and filters and they had a dark red super cub on the showroom floor first time ive seen one in person its a nice bike but i like the pcx better
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Old Grinner wrote:Two things:

1) My local Honda dealer actually has a 2020 Super Cub in stock now (red of course). I hope I'll be able to pay them a visit before it's sold and check it out. Honda can always make more if it is. :D

While there I'd also like to check out the 2019 PCX 150 leftover and see how much different it is compared to my old 2017. I continue to wrestle with the idea of replacing my liter bike with a lighter machine but not just yet. I'll never grow up. :roll: :lol:

https://www.newenglandcycleworks.com/in ... -10395528i

2) According to what I've read and seen some folks have had issues with the shift lever interfering with their foot placement on the left foot peg of the new Super Cub 125. Evidently one's heel could accidentally cause an upshift or something depending upon how one rests their foot. This video shows a "work around" and evidently it seems to be a solution for the originator. Seems simple enough but I would hope that it doesn't have any unintended consequences. One other thing I thought of is why one just doesn't remove the shift lever and cut off the rear (heel) section, grind and deburr, and replace on the bike. Of course it will then have to be shifted both up and down like on a regular motorcycle. And hopefully there is sufficient space and reach on that forward end of the shift lever to accommodate the action. I sometimes wondered if the purpose of the "heel toe" shift mechanism was to avoid getting that "wear spot" and discoloration on the left shoe or boot. It may seem far fetched but otherwise I don't see the point of it.

You are right. The heel part of the change was to avoid marking your shoes uppers.