An HD I would consider buying

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

An HD I would consider buying

Post by NADman »

He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: An HD I would consider buying

Post by Jge64 »

I like the part where they said that the bicycles were introduced at the annual dealer meeting. Harley Davidson dealerships haven’t made any money in 10 years since 08, and more dying every day. I’m sure a few of them were hoping for something a little more substantial , profit wise…I also wonder what the price would be, and whether they will be competitive, or their usual arrogant selves and charge tons more as they think Harley Davidson marque is still untarnished......(it’s not...LOL)

Their new electric motorcycle is $10,000 more than the best competition……OMG
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

I like the part where they said that the bicycles were introduced at the annual dealer meeting. Harley Davidson dealerships haven’t made any money in 10 years since 08, and more dying every day. I’m sure a few of them were hoping for something a little more substantial , profit wise…I also wonder what the price would be, and whether they will be competitive, or their usual arrogant selves and charge tons more as they think Harley Davidson marque is still untarnished......(it’s not...LOL)

Their new electric motorcycle is $10,000 more than the best competition……OMG

I remember when they couldn't keep Harley's on the showroom floor. They were flying out of the dealerships.

When Willie G. and Vaughn and some others took control of Harley back from AMF they really did a great job trying to revive the marque.

Customers had to place orders and wait for their bike to be made. There wasn't much negotiating going on when it came to OTD pricing either.

But those days are long gone.

With the advent of the 500 and 750 it kind of left some people scratching their heads and wondering about a few things.

It will be interesting to see how things develop moving forward . . ..

The electric bicycles are a nice addition but seem to drift from the image created by the "legend". I do give them credit for trying "something". But making it affordable to people earning barely above minimum wage would be a plus. :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

They are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

They can’t compete producing a normal bike even if it was within their capabilities. It’s laughable to even think they could.

If they keep producing the same bikes their target customers are ageing rapidly.

It’s not hopeful which is a pity.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

you you wrote:They are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.

They can’t compete producing a normal bike even if it was within their capabilities. It’s laughable to even think they could.
If the 750 Street is the best they can come up with, they are truly screwed.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong