2007 Honda Reflex Sport

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Lamid
Year: 2007
Color: Red

2007 Honda Reflex Sport

Post by Lamid »

I just recently purchased a 2007 Honda Reflex Sport 250c scooter and it runs great around town but when I do freeway driving it is under-powered. I was considering buying a used 2012 Honda Silver Wing which has a 600cc engine for more power, but I really like the size and versatility of the Reflex. Does anyone have any suggestions on weather it would just be better to get the silver-wing or maybe try doing some type of exhaust upgrade or something like that to the Reflex. Any suggestions are welcome.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Re: 2007 Honda Reflex Sport

Post by davenowherejones »

Any upgrades to the Reflex are going to be minimal performance gains.

To gain freeway speeds you need at least a 400 for it to be comfortable. A 650 for it to be interstate comfortable.

There is a lot of bullshit that an expensive muffler is suddenly going to make your scooter super fast. bs

I ride a Forza 300 on the highway all the time. I am wide open throttle way too much. Fun but stupid.
Lamid

Post by Lamid »

Thats kind of what I was figuring I just wanted to get a second opinion. What kind of temps are you getting on the freeway when the scooter is maxed out?
Mister Paul
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Mister Paul »

You can do long distance on a 300 with enough acceleration and top speed to give you all you need.
Lamid

Post by Lamid »

Do you have the new Forza Scooter?
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Lamid wrote:Thats kind of what I was figuring I just wanted to get a second opinion. What kind of temps are you getting on the freeway when the scooter is maxed out?
The Forza 300 is water cooled. It warms up and then holds at that temperature. The only time I ever get a rise is when it is hot and I am going full speed up a 4000 foot high mountain. It goes up only a little in temperature.

What country are you in?

What do you call highway speed? In BC, Canada our highways go between 80 and 120 kmph.
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Lamid wrote:Do you have the new Forza Scooter?
In Canada we only have the Forza 300 from 2014, 2015, 2016.
Lamid

Post by Lamid »

Im in califonia and the temp typciall will ride between 1/2 and 3/4, but when i am going up a pretty good size hill it goes a bit past that.
mhdgraphics
Color: Red Forza

Post by mhdgraphics »

Lamid wrote:I just recently purchased a 2007 Honda Reflex Sport 250c scooter and it runs great around town but when I do freeway driving it is under-powered. I was considering buying a used 2012 Honda Silver Wing which has a 600cc engine for more power, but I really like the size and versatility of the Reflex. Does anyone have any suggestions on weather it would just be better to get the silver-wing or maybe try doing some type of exhaust upgrade or something like that to the Reflex. Any suggestions are welcome.
Interesting...
When I lived in Cali, I drove my '86 Helix (also a 250cc) up and down the 405 and 101 freeways from Orange to LA & Santa Monica. Held 70mph with no problem. Guess the Reflex is not up to it...
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I would have to consider having a look at why your average riding temp is so high. I had a Harley when I lived in New Orleans, and then a Honda 350. Both were air cooled and never reached higher that 1/2, even in heavy traffic. You are in California where temperatures are supposedly mild, whereas New Orleans in the summer was 100 degrees with humidity in the 90% range.

Anyone have any suggestions for items for him to check on the bike to make sure there isn't a Problem? On my motorcycles I could blow out the cooling fins to clear out mouse nests, etc. How long was your bike sitting before you bought It? It could have some 'company' living in it. ...or maybe the oil isn't doing its job?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

I am thinking about adding a longer distance scooter to my garage and test rode a 2003 Honda Reflex. It had 6100 miles on it and the dealer put in a new carb. The temp was about 40 degrees F.
It ran kind of terrible. Dead spots upon take off and really just no guts. Had it pinned on a hill that my HD would have taken without a sweat.
I think someone traded in a badly run Reflex cause I really can't think that Honda would make such a bad product.

When my Kymco dealer brings out the new Kymco Xtown 300 I will check it out, pretty enticing for 3999 MSRP which is a heck of a bargain.
The new Yamaha XMAX seems to be awesome but its 5,599 and out of the question.
:geek:
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Interesting, I'd suspect something may be amiss with the scooter. I know that the older 250 Hondas (Helix, Reflex) are a choice scooter for the Scooter CannonBall Run, and the engine while 250cc is considered bulletproof in running highway speeds and they run though seriously high odometer mileage. I've read they improved a bit from the initial models to the more recent ones, here's a review;

https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/mo ... 26893.html

I'd suspect something is going on with the scooter.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

I saw this deal recently at a dealership in my state. . .. Check it out. :o

https://libbysmotoworld.com/Scooters-Ho ... 4d015911ac

At that price and mileage I don't think it will last long. If I didn't already have the PCX I'd definitely stop by the dealership and take it for a test ride. 8)
Regular User
Regular User
Color: 15 Forza

Post by 87112 »

Wow, 54 miles. Did someone buy it for it to be a poster on the wall?
I now think there is no doubt the one I test rode is a lemon, cause the hesitation can be dangerous. I am a bit pissed at how they wasted my time ( 45 mile one way) to test ride a lemon.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcd/ ... 70808.html
:geek:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PCX150Rider wrote:I saw this deal recently at a dealership in my state. . .. Check it out. :o

https://libbysmotoworld.com/Scooters-Ho ... 4d015911ac

At that price and mileage I don't think it will last long. If I didn't already have the PCX I'd definitely stop by the dealership and take it for a test ride. 8)

At that price I'd struggle to leave the showroom without it...
dkazzed
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: N/A

Post by dkazzed »

I traveled Canada on a 300. Mind you with a 6 speed rather than a CVT but still, never felt short on power.
2015 Honda CB300F ABS